Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Using a name that is more used on the opposite sex; would you?!

Would you consider not using a name because you see it go more for the opposite sex?!

It has family meaning but I am worried about her having boys in her class with the same name?..

Deal breaker or not? My name is Rachel so I never had the worry about a unisex name; just a common one. Unisex name bad growing up or now as an adult?? I don't have personal experience..

WDYT??

For a girl? Absolutely not. For a boy? Definitely yes. (So I wouldn't name my daughter Elliot, but I would totally name my son Aubrey.)
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    For a girl? Absolutely not. For a boy? Definitely yes. (So I wouldn't name my daughter Elliot, but I would totally name my son Aubrey.)
    Why? Is there a reason you would for a boy and not for a girl or just because? .

It depends on the name. I like some names, like Avery, for girls and boys. But I dislike more masculine sounding names, like Logan and Madison, on girls. What is the name you're considering?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeacelove View Post
    It depends on the name. I like some names, like Avery, for girls and boys. But I dislike more masculine sounding names, like Logan and Madison, on girls. What is the name you're considering?
    Laine .. I love Lainey as a nn while she is young but Laney is just too childish for a full name to me.

Lane is 288 in the U.S. for boys but in my state it is like 90 something :'(
    Layne for boys is also 594 in the U.S.