49 43.75%
  • August James

24 21.43%
  • August Hawthorne

7 6.25%
  • August Henry

23 20.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LOVE Jack August! The best of both worlds, I'd say! Then again, Jack August Cole has been on my top 5 for quite some time now, I really adore it. I like Jack August and August Henry the best from your short list--I don't feel like August is first name potential for me, either, but it seems like you've been worried about Jack for so long. Honestly, how many have you come across? With smaller kids (at least, I'm assuming Sophie and Violet are fairly young still!), I would think you'd have a general idea of what's popular in your area. I mean, I could care less about the popularity--I'd be using it in honor of my dad and brother, so that meaning trumps popularity for me (plus, a couple amazing literary references. Jack Worthing, for one!). Jack is popular (as well as Jax/Jackson/etc.), but if that's what I loved the most, I'd go for it. I'd have to get through a couple other favorites before I ended up with a Jack, though, personally.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

August Henry is an amazing combo! Absolutely love it! It's strong and masculine, but also so modern. Jack just seems so blah in comparison. I already know so many baby Jacks that there is little charm left.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Nature Middle name ideas for Jack:

Forest .. Jack Forest
    Linden .. Jack Linden
    Basil .. Jack Basil
    Hickory - Jack Hickory
    Harbor .. Jack Harbor
    Wilder .. Jack Wilder
    Sorrel .. Jacket Sorrel
    Ronan.. Jack Ronan
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Hawthorne is a name of a footy team here in Australia; pron. Hor-thorn. 'Haw' as in 'Oar'....

Very masculine name, as is Carlton ( tho I can't see an Essendon popping up anytime soon lol ); you have some great options on your shortlist

Congratulations OP, and all the best
    Last edited by lucyalice; July 28th, 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: clarified pronouncation

I really like the combination of Jack Hawthorne! I pronounce the first syllable of Hawthorne so that it rhymes with moth.