Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

And now for the Behemoth Girl List

I posted our boy list a few days ago, and unfortunately, that was the less contested list. Girl names are excruciatingly hard for us, because my husband's naming style is so very different from mine. He really doesn't like any girls' name that is frill. He's pretty much allergic to all names ending in A and has an obsession with surname-y names. I, on the other hand, like softer, not super frilly, but still feminine names. So this is our compromise list; most of the more feminine names, he can find a more spunky nickname for, and most of the surname-y/unisex names, I can find a girly nn for.

I know that unisex/surname names are not everyone's cuppa tea, but I'm looking for feedback that can look past that. It helps that we live in the South where giving girls a family surname is fairly common. Most of the names have literary/family/place significance of some kind. Middle name will be after my mother Katherine Mary "Kathy". I prefer to use Katherine, but sometimes it doesn't really work. I'm up for suggestions as well, especially for surname-y names that sound more feminine (or have nns that are). Dh really likes Harper, but I'm afraid it's going to be the next big unisex name, and I really want to avoid top 100 (avoiding top 500 is preferable).

Thanks!

Adah Katherine
    Monroe Katherine
    Sinclair Mary
    Edith Katherine "Edie"
    Sullivan Mary "Liv"
    Frances Katherine "Franny"
    Lennon Mary
    Poppy Katherine
    Cecily Katherine "Kit"
    Afton Mary
    Flannery Katherine
    Nerissa Mary
    Euphemia Mary "Effie"
    Louisa Katherine "Lou"
    Genevieve Mary "Evie"
    Maude Katherine "Maudie"
    Saffron Mary "Saffy"
    Avocet Katherine
    Zinnia Katherine "Zinn"
    Sparrow Katherine
    Forsythia Mary
    Greer Katherine
    Guthrie Katherine
    Camellia Mary (I like Millie, he likes Cam...sigh).
    Vesper Katherine
    Rue Katherine
    Piper Katherine
    Romilly Katherine "Romy" or "Milly"
    Lilac Mary
    Remedios Mary "Remy"
    Sweeney Katherine
    Hero Katherine
    Alba Katherine
    Ophelia Katherine
    Last edited by tomaura226; July 28th, 2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: to add a name
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

From you list, the one that really jumped out at me was Cecily Katherine "Kit". I think Cecily is a beautiful name and what a cute nickname in Kit for your husband to call her!

Quote Originally Posted by demers View Post
    From you list, the one that really jumped out at me was Cecily Katherine "Kit". I think Cecily is a beautiful name and what a cute nickname in Kit for your husband to call her!
    Same! This one really stood out on a long list!

Favorites:
    Edith Katherine "Edie"
    Poppy Katherine (My favorite! I think it's the perfect compromise for the two of you: all girl, but still spunky.)
    Genevieve Mary "Evie"
    Vesper Katherine
    Piper Katherine

I also really like the names Afton, Cecily, and Saffron, but don't like the flow of Afton Mary, Cecily Katherine, or Saffron Mary.

Least Favorites:
    Nerissa Mary
    Avocet Katherine
    Forsythia Mary
    Remedios Mary
    Sweeney Katherine
    Hero Katherine
    Last edited by leahmarie512; July 27th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.