Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Magical and Fantasy-like girls names?

Sorry for all the threads recently.

I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my first child - gender unknown. Boyfriend and I have been struggling with names throughout the pregnancy. For boys, we're considering Caspian, Edmund, Evander, and Bram. However, we have no girls names. We want something that's magical and fantastical - like something that sounds like it should have been a character in a Tolkien novel or a fairy in A Midsummer Night's Dream. However, we don't want any popular names (we live in England). Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Cecily Beatrice, Charlotte Ravenna, Aurora Valkyrie, Rosalyn Amoret, Melody Seraphina, Rosamund Madeline

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Magnus Roland, Thorin Gaspar, Percy Beowulf, Erik Wesley, Tristan Emil

Love your boy choices! Here are some selections that may match with your tastes:

Rosalind (or Rosaline)
    Seraphina (or Seraphine)

Hope this helps you out!

Last edited by bellerose; July 27th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    “I am eternally, devastatingly romantic, and I thought people would see it because 'romantic' doesn't mean 'sugary.' It's dark and tormented — the furor of passion, the despair of an idealism that you can't attain.”

~Catherine Breillat

Well, Welsh names are your friend!: Ceridwen, Arianwen, Guinevere, Eluned, Gweneira, Eirwen, Mairwen

On the Cornish front, there's Elowen

Gwenaëlle, a French name, might really work for you. Virtually unheard of, though I don't know why, it's beautiful and has a lovely fantastical quality to it.

Seraphine, Elspeth, Odile, Oriana, Gloriana, Lucine, Alianor, Ysmay, Sybella, Everild, Tamsin, Gilda, Jocelyn, Cedany, Mirabel, Yseult, Iselde, Godelieve, Godelina

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey