Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Magical and Fantasy-like girls names?

Sorry for all the threads recently.

I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my first child - gender unknown. Boyfriend and I have been struggling with names throughout the pregnancy. For boys, we're considering Caspian, Edmund, Evander, and Bram. However, we have no girls names. We want something that's magical and fantastical - like something that sounds like it should have been a character in a Tolkien novel or a fairy in A Midsummer Night's Dream. However, we don't want any popular names (we live in England). Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Love your boy choices! Here are some selections that may match with your tastes:

Cassandra
    Titania
    Astrid
    Rosalind (or Rosaline)
    Luna
    Seraphina (or Seraphine)
    Arianna
    Lyra

Hope this helps you out!

Last edited by bellerose; July 27th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Alaska ~ Remember *Mem* ~ Winter ~ Wolf .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Well, Welsh names are your friend!: Ceridwen, Arianwen, Guinevere, Eluned, Gweneira, Eirwen, Mairwen

On the Cornish front, there's Elowen

Gwenaëlle, a French name, might really work for you. Virtually unheard of, though I don't know why, it's beautiful and has a lovely fantastical quality to it.

Seraphine, Elspeth, Odile, Oriana, Gloriana, Lucine, Alianor, Ysmay, Sybella, Everild, Tamsin, Gilda, Jocelyn, Cedany, Mirabel, Yseult, Iselde, Godelieve, Godelina

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Lavender | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Mum to Ulysses, Bishop, Winifred and one yet unnamed boo.