Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If you had to name daughters after inspirational women..?

If you had to name daughters after women you found inspirational - they can be real or fictional - what would you name them, and who would they be after?

Merit... presumably first woman in science.
    Morgana - (I know she was evil, but at first she was good, healing fairy (Morgana Le Faye))
    Brunhild
    Freya
    Brigita
    Melusine
    Daphne

But some of these are not my first pick.

Beatrix -- My favorite children's book writer, she also became one of the first female experts on botany.
    Thea -- After the witch character named Thea Harman from L.J. Smith's Nightworld series. This character has always stayed with me through the years.
    Jane -- For Jane Goodall and Jane Austin

Let's see!

Cecilia, after Cecilia Payne, a brilliant scientist not given nearly enough credit for her discoveries. Also, perhaps, Helena, as that was her middle name.

Rosalind, after Rosalind Franklin, another brilliant scientist not given nearly enough credit.

Mary, after the Mother of God, or Dolores, Soledad, Marian, Mairwen

Harriet, after Harriet Tubman

Ida, after Ida B. Wells

IDK, there are many to choose from!

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

I would use the names of my mother and my boyfriend's mum. They are both very inspirational and strong women who I adore. Their names are Mary Teresa and Helena Maria Christine.

So if I only had one daughter, I would easily name her Teresa Helena.
    ~ Ashley ~

Girls: Phoebe Elizabeth, Ivy Teresa, Josephine Grace
    Boys: Michael Ryan, Seth Harper, Felix Everett, Noah Robert