Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you think alliteration is a deal breaker?

I love the name Beatrice and it is in our short list of girl names, but I'm not sure if it sounds "off" or silly with our last name, Boman.

So our short list thus far is:

Beatrice
    Imogen
    Elsa
    Jocelyn

So what are your preferences? My husband and I love them all, but I would like to hear others' opinions as well.
    Thanks for reading!

I'd say Elsa Beatrice Boman

or you could have beatrix instead and have trixy as a nickname
    Dani, (U.K Mumma) Love my kids Bailey & Liberty {stepmum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} ❤ Future daughter's name will be Kairi Peyton ❤

Faves: (B) Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan, Vincent, Talon, Castiel, Kye, Auron, Xavier, Orion, Gunner, Aeydn, Roman, Zephyr
    (G) Asharlia/Aschalia, Maddilynn, Ksenia, Genevieve, Isabeau, Talia, Marnie, Wynter, Sofia, Emery/Emmarie, Elyse, Myka, Bonnie, Schyler (nn Chyler)

It all depends on how the names flow, but I do like alliteration and Beatrice Boden is lovely. I also love Imogen but it may clash with the en ending of your ln.

I think alliteration needs to be judged on a case by case basis and is definitely not a deal breaker. Sometimes it doesnt work, but other times it flows wells and gives a name a special charm. Beatrice Boman sounds lovely to me.
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

Sometimes alliteration bothers me, but I think Beatrice Boman is lovely! I think the alliteratiom works really well in this case.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!