Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Our daughter's name, Maura, is an Anglicized version of Maire/Muire, the Irish form of Mary. Muire is the name of the Blessed Mother, whereas Maire is used as a given name.

If we ever have another daughter, my husband wants to name her Brigid after St. Brigid of Kildare, one of the patron saints of Ireland.

(Yes, he's very into his heritage and religion. I'm not Catholic myself, and I'm not even sure if I'm Irish, but my maiden name does sound like it.)

The middle names, Lucille and Helen, are our grandmothers' names.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Josephine - from the character Jo in Little Women.
    Favorites:

Audrey * Margot * Josephine * Elizabeth * Katherine * Madeleine * Natasha * Amy

Alexander * Julian * Gabriel * Adrian * Laurence * Henry * Damian * Benjamin

Ada… Lovelace, the first computer scientist (She was born an Augusta)
    JosephineClara Goldmark, an advocate for child labor laws and the Empress Josephine
    Matilda… so many! The character, Matilda of England (and the first queen of England was Matilda) and Matilda Gage, 19th Century feminist and freethinker are the first that come to mind
    Madeleine… Albright, the first female Secretary of State in the US
    Victoria… Woodhull, the first woman to run for president in the US (nearly 30 years before women had the right to vote)
    EleanorRoosevelt and Eleanor of Aquitaine
    Lyra… Bellacqua, the heroine of the His Dark Materials series
    Nellie- Bly, who founded investigative reporting, and had herself committed to a mental institution in the 19th century to do it, then sailed around the world. (She was born an Elizabeth)

Obviously I've thought about this a lot… I definitely want to give my daughter a strong role model somewhere in her name. So I love this thread!
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Katherine after Captain Katherine Janeway of the USS Voyager... yeah a Star Trek character. lol
    Wanting to be pregnant.

Aiblieen after Aiblieen Clark from The Help. Love that woman. Nickname "Aibee" is wicked!