Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

So this is like my third time trying...

And I am completely incapable of coming up with names for my Beauty and the Beast characters. I'm taking the story and completely flipping it on it's head to some extent, making it all not fairytale and slightly messed up (I won't go into details because plotstealers, not like I don't trust the internet at large or anything), and I just CAN'T FIND NAMES.

I read the original story. Like ORIGINAL original, Villenueve's full, unabridged, translated story. And it contains absolutely NO names, and basically nothing helpful to naming and hardly anything helpful to plot.

Anyways, I like references/allusions. And ironic names. And names that fit/represent the characters.

Beast is more along the lines of reclusive and shy, moral and proper, and not actually a prince trapped inside a monster.

Beauty is rather cold and harsh (at first), timid and thoughtful, but turns out to be strong-willed, stubborn, and capable.

Any and all suggestions welcome. I've never had a more difficult time with this.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Ophelia and Samson came to mind for some reason..

I LOVE Ophelia and Hanna! I'll definitely give those ones a shot.

Charlton, Leopoldo, and Samson are along the right lines for Beast, but not really striking me as perfect.

More suggestions for both would be GREATLY appreciated! I can't write without names, and this rewrite has been clawing at my brain for a few months now. :O
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Carnius and Stasia