Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hiya there!

Ivy -- A little bit sassy. I see an Ivy being a little flirt. Ivy Elaine sounds nice to me.
    Stella -- It's a big name. I don't know if it's because of Streetcar, but whenever I meet a Stella I feel like her name is too big for her. She can't quite become big enough to put her own stamp on the name, if that makes sense.
    Alexandra -- I love this name. I wish more girls would use the full name. It's just got such a strength to it. But it maintains its femininity. Alexandra sounds like she could strong arm her way into ruling the world. It's a powerful name. And I do like the nickname Alex. It's a little sharp, but it's a good name. Also. I think Alexandra is a great middle name for all of these other names. I think it's got the length and syllables like Elizabeth that makes it a great counterbalance to almost any name, but it's also a bit fresher and a bit more exciting.
    Willow -- A bit of a hippie name for me. I still like it though. Soft and sweet.
    Zoe -- Too cute for me. It's a very cute name. Zooey Deschanel couldn't be more Zooey if she tried. Not that I dislike her, not that I think a Zoe can't be the perfect opposite of that. It's just not my taste.
    Ava -- Classic, strong, Hollywood. Gumption. Ava is so simple, but it has that certain something. Ava Alexandra has a nice rhythm to me.
    Miranda -- Very romantic and heavy. Mirrrrrrranda. It's a bit of a sexy name. It's still got sophistication though. It can be vixen, but it can be powerful CEO just as easily.
    Charlotte -- So classic, so sweet, so soft. You can't go wrong. I prefer a name with a little more strength in it. Charlotte has no bite or flair, but it's still a fantastic name.
    Scarlett -- Like Miranda for me, but I would skip it personally because of Scarlett O'Hara. I despise everything involved with that story.
    Vivien -- Great name. I prefer the spelling Vivian a little bit, but it's not important. It's clean. It's classic. It's slick and sophisticated. Vivien is quietly powerful and elegant for me. A Vivien could take over the world without anyone noticing until she'd already made her way to the top.
    Poppy -- Very sweet. Very cute. Very preppy. It doesn't grow up well for me, unless you already have enough money and you know you're going to be a socialite, in which case a name like Poppy is perfectly suited to your future profession. A doctor or lawyer named Poppy? I don't think so.
    Violet -- There is something about this name that I don't like. It's got pretty letters and a pretty meaning. But the sound is unappealing to me. It's a bit harsh I guess. Ahh, the person above me said it's too close to 'violent.' That very well may be what's tripping me up.

I know an ivy with dark curls and blue eyes and she is beautiful. I love the name! Also love violet (antique but still modern) and poppy is cute and spunky.

IvyLove it! I love nature names and this is one of my favourites.
    Stella – Cute!
    Alexandra – not the biggest fan. Have you considered Alexandria or Anastasia? Or Angelica or Annalise or Amadea or Araminta?
    Willow – Very cute!
    Zoe – A bit too popular for me, but it is a really nice name!
    Ava – Not the biggest fan. What do you think of Avalon? Or Ada or Abra?
    Miranda – I don't really like it, but I understand the appeal! Nice name!
    Charlotte – I prefer Charity and Cecily and Clementine and Cordelia and Clarity. Or Cecilia or Cassia! Nameberry had sort of ruined this name for me.
    Scarlett – Nice! I'm not the biggest fan, but again, I understand the appeal.
    Vivien – Nice.
    Poppy – Super nice! I love Poppy.
    Violet – Also love Violet!

Ivy Alexandra, Ivy Miranda, Ivy Vivien
    Stella Charlotte, Stella Vivien, Stella Violet
    Alexandra Ivy, Alexandra Zoe, Alexandra Willow, Alexandra Scarlett, Alexandra Vivien, Alexandra Poppy
    Willow Alexandra, Willow Miranda, Willow Vivien
    Zoe Stella, Zoe Alexandra, Zoe Miranda
    Ava Scarlett, Ava Vivien
    Miranda Ivy, Miranda Willow, Miranda Zoe, Miranda Charlotte, Miranda Scarlett, Miranda Vivien, Miranda Poppy, Miranda Violet
    Charlotte Ivy, Charlotte Stella, Charlotte Alexandra, Charlotte Miranda, Charlotte Vivien
    Scarlett Alexandra, Scarlett Zoe, Scarlett Ava, Scarlett Miranda
    Vivien Ivy, Vivien Stella, Vivien Alexandra, Vivien Willow, Vivien Zoe, Vivien Ava, Vivien Charlotte, Vivien Scarlett, Vivien Poppy
    Poppy Alexandra, Poppy Miranda, Poppy Charlotte
    Violet Stella, Violet Alexandra, Violet Miranda
    ~Adelaide ~ Juniper ~ Josephine ~ Dorothy ~ Eleanora ~ Rosalind ~ Magnolia~
    ~Julian ~ Augustus ~ Edward ~ Frederick ~Everett ~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~

Ivy - Okay, kinda boring. Would be a decent middle
    Stella - Not a fan of this one; just don't like the sound.
    Alexandra-- Okay, has neat history, but I don't like Alex on a girl
    Willow - Don't like nature names much but this is one of the better ones in that category imo
    Zoe - Makes me think of the muppet on Sesame Street. Too short for my liking and not a fan of Z names
    Ava - Too common
    Miranda - First I have a negative assosciation with a really really bratty child named Miranda, then I think Sex and the City
    Charlotte - So many people love this one. I don't. I think it's going to be really trendy
    Scarlett - It's growing on me, but I still don't care for it much
    Vivien - My favorite on your list by far although I prefer Vivienne or Vivian
    Poppy - Lots of people love this one, too. Not me, it just sounds funny to my ear and I think of opium poppies.
    Violet - Okay, it makes me think of Violet in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (which is a negative association)
    Last edited by iamamiam; July 27th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.