Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ivy - Wouldn't mind it as a middle name, since it's short, but I don't particularly like it as a first.
    Stella - A little ball of energy with a strong personality and big dreams.
    Alexandra - Strong, resilient girl, with the option of a strong nickname like Alex.
    Willow - The W's make the name flow so well, but I'm afraid it's going to get popular. I can see a girly girl wear this, but one of those girly girls who's not afraid of some mud or climbing trees.
    Zoe - I prefer too the Zoey spelling, but Zoe is the original one and the meaning 'life' is surely what drew me to it at first. Name for a spunky one like Stella.
    Ava - I second the comment who praised Ada over Ava. I don't particularly like this name, and not because of its popularity.
    Miranda - It will forever remind me of Miranda Bailey of Grey's Anatomy, which is definitely not a bad association to me. Might be suitable for a quiet girl, who knows when it's time to roar.
    Charlotte - Lovely and classic name, you can't go wrong with classics. Even girlier than Willow, with a splash of French you can throw in if you like, Charlotte can be a fighter for her own battles.
    Scarlett - Rough on the edges, brave name. Reminds me a lot of the Scarlet Letter or the actress. It might be hard to live up to the name, so I'd use it as a middle.
    Vivien - Exudes French to me, so not my style, but I can imagine a very girly girl wearing this kind of name. Prefer Violet over Vivien.
    Poppy - Energetic little girl, with a contagious laugh. It is getting popular, but I could never use it. Pepper can be an alternative if you want to go a little out there, or maybe as a middle name.
    Violet - Viola is another option, surely more exotic than Violet. Violet sounds classic and soft all the same.

My favorites out of the bunch are Zoe, Charlotte and Stella, even though I wouldn't mind Alexandra, Miranda, Violet and Willow.
    Irene; Name lover in her twenties; single; Languages student by day, writer by night.

Current favorites, not in order:
    Emily - Evelyn - Hadley - Alice - Emma - Olivia - Zoey - Greta - Eden - Jezebel - Zelda - Anna - Charlotte
    Ethan - Adam - William - Peter - Harvey - Galen - Kenneth - Kieran - Theo - Zander - Daniel - Ezra - Gabriel - Blake

The National's Names List

Peculiar Italian Names for Girls

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    over all pretty popular and common:

Ivy - the original 'i want a nature name' name
    Stella - just okay, i find it a 'push' name like pushing
    Alexandra - classic
    Willow - too trendy
    Zoe - cute, quirky. can feel nicknamey though
    Ava - too trendy
    Miranda - can only think of 'lost in the gap' like its not quite one of the non-feminine girl names and yet never made it to 'feminine'
    Charlotte - very popular but classic
    Scarlett - i think of is Johansson and the type of women other women dislike and fear
    Vivien - prefer Vivienne but recently used by the Jolie-Pitts
    Poppy - too trendy
    Violet - gentle & soft, not bad
    Thanks, I'm not overly worried about the popularity of each name. I'm basing it more on names I love and have loved for a long time.
    B x
    Australia

Alexandra Mia's Mummy ❤

Quote Originally Posted by cilesuns92 View Post
    Ivy - Wouldn't mind it as a middle name, since it's short, but I don't particularly like it as a first.
    Stella - A little ball of energy with a strong personality and big dreams.
    Alexandra - Strong, resilient girl, with the option of a strong nickname like Alex.
    Willow - The W's make the name flow so well, but I'm afraid it's going to get popular. I can see a girly girl wear this, but one of those girly girls who's not afraid of some mud or climbing trees.
    Zoe - I prefer too the Zoey spelling, but Zoe is the original one and the meaning 'life' is surely what drew me to it at first. Name for a spunky one like Stella.
    Ava - I second the comment who praised Ada over Ava. I don't particularly like this name, and not because of its popularity.
    Miranda - It will forever remind me of Miranda Bailey of Grey's Anatomy, which is definitely not a bad association to me. Might be suitable for a quiet girl, who knows when it's time to roar.
    Charlotte - Lovely and classic name, you can't go wrong with classics. Even girlier than Willow, with a splash of French you can throw in if you like, Charlotte can be a fighter for her own battles.
    Scarlett - Rough on the edges, brave name. Reminds me a lot of the Scarlet Letter or the actress. It might be hard to live up to the name, so I'd use it as a middle.
    Vivien - Exudes French to me, so not my style, but I can imagine a very girly girl wearing this kind of name. Prefer Violet over Vivien.
    Poppy - Energetic little girl, with a contagious laugh. It is getting popular, but I could never use it. Pepper can be an alternative if you want to go a little out there, or maybe as a middle name.
    Violet - Viola is another option, surely more exotic than Violet. Violet sounds classic and soft all the same.

My favorites out of the bunch are Zoe, Charlotte and Stella, even though I wouldn't mind Alexandra, Miranda, Violet and Willow.
    Thank you your comments were beautiful! We share a lot of the same views on these names, especially Charlotte, Stella & Alexandra
    B x
    Australia

Alexandra Mia's Mummy ❤

Ivy ---One of my favorites. I like Ivy Jane and Ivy Marie
    Stella---I picture a harsh mother in law (From Bewitched??)
    Alexandra---Nice strong name for a warrier woman. NMS but I like it
    Willow----I like this a lot. Live near a town called Willow Springs, so will not see any Willow girls around here
    Zoe---On the fence on this one. I sort of like it.
    Ava---Very popular, short and sassy. NMS
    Miranda ---I like the nn Randy for a girl, but have never cared for Miranda
    Charlotte ---I like this one but NMS so would never use it. Like to hear it on a little girl
    Scarlett ---I like the thought of this, but not the actual name/sound of it
    Vivien---This one is growing on me. Maybe in a few years I will like it
    Poppy---Love it and would use it. Poppy Lee (yes it rhymes) Poppy Janae, Poppy Alexandra, Poppy Christine
    Violet--I like this one. My Moms favorite Aunt was Violet. I would not have used it 20+ years ago when I was having children, but would use it now.

There are no names on your like I hate and only Stella that I dislike. Poppy is my favorite followed by Ivy and then the rest.
    Mom to:
    Autumn Elizabeth
    Patrick Alexander
    Nicholas Ivan

Nana to
    Jaime Mae Michelle
    Nicholas Ivan II
    Rylie Meshele

Ivy- I have never personally cared for this name because I think poison Ivy and I.V. . However I still think it is a nice name just not my cup of tea. Ivy Elizabeth.
    Stella- I think it is a pretty name. I have a little cousin named Stella.
    Alexandra- a nice strong name. One of the British queens had this name, I believe Alexandra of Denmark, (she is prince George's like great great great great grandma), and I think she is a nice namesake.
    Willow- I like it but not my favorite. I picture a very naturey little girl.
    Zoe- nms but nice. Zoe Helena ,Zoe Margaret,
    Ava- I think it is very pretty.
    Miranda- I think it is a lovely underused name. It was a name on one of my fav. childhood shows.
    Charlotte- I love this. Mn Charlotte Olivia, Charlotte Rosamund
    Scarlett- I like it, nms though. I really like Scarlett Louisa Pearl.
    Vivien- Its pretty, I prefer the Vivienne spelling.
    Poppy- I am personally not a fan of nn names.
    Violet- Its nice but a little too close to violent.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett