Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ezra and Ella doesn't bother me, especially with Claire and Caleb as older siblings. Ezra is not going to the girls. It's rising for boys (jumped from #204 to #184 last year) and doesn't even rank for girls.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I assumed Ezra was a girls name when I first saw it. But it is nice for a boy. Ella and Ezra will be fine, I think they sound perfect for siblings!

Ezra and Ella are pretty similar, more similar than Caleb and Claire.

If Claire and Caleb don't bother you I don't think Ella and Ezra are too close. I think the C-E-C-E pattern is kind of cute, actually.

I think the -a ending makes people assume Ezra is a girl's name when they first hear it, but it's getting more popular for boys, so in a few years it will likely be more familiar to people as a boy's name. I wouldn't worry about it being too unisex.
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

Thanks for the input! I would have NEVER thought Ezra could be perceived as a girl's name, since it's from the Bible. I thought it would be in the same camp as Noah, but apparently people consider that unisex too sometimes. Are there ANY safe boy's names? This trend drives me insane. Sadly, as much as I love Ezra, this will probably prevent me from using it.
    Mommy to 3 little ones and trying for #4, and already thinking of names! (Of course!)