Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are there any mn's that go with this??

I'm on a name kick lately so I'm probably posting a lot but here it goes.

I love the name Millie. I do not like the full form of Mildred (yeck!) and I don't love Millicent. It's okay but I prefer Millie and why name a child Millicent if I plan on calling her Millie? I have two worries/issues with this name tho. One, does Millie stand up on its own as a name without a longer more formal version? I really love Millie and it just seems silly to use Millicent if she's never going to be called that and while I don't hate it like Mildred I just don't love it like I do Millie. Two, are there any middle names that go with Millie? I can't seem to find anything that sounds right with it! It's like the mn that goes with Millie is non-existent!

Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I like Millie Rose and Rose has been a favorite of mine for a long time but I'm afraid most will see it as just a common "filler name". Millie Jane is nice (I've always loved Jane and think it is underused especially as a fn) but I wonder if it flows right with Millie since both are so short. Millie Louise is nice as well but do all the l's run together?

Anymore suggestions would be great!

If you don't love Millicent, maybe you'd like Melisande, Melissa, Milla/Mila, Milana or Camilla/Camille.

Picking a middle name for any of those would be different than picking one for Millie as a stand-alone...maybe because Millie sounds like a nickname, and people don't usually call a child by their nickname and their middle name all at once. I like Millie as a nn, but I'm not sure if it's enough to be on its own. Regardless, here are a few middles that might just work with just-Millie:

Millie Beth
    Millie Jane
    Millie June
    Millie Claire
    Millie Fiona
    Millie Joy
    Millie Faith
    Millie Elisabeth
    Millie Adele
    Millie Grace

Perhaps you could use a family name in the middle place? No matter what you choose, Millie is a cute name. And for what it's worth, I think Millicent is gorgeous.
    Matilda, Vera, Beatrix, June, Eleanor, Cordelia, Adelaide, Elisabeth, Leona, Daphne, Kathryn

Edwin, Frederick, Calvin, Arthur, Walter, Rowan, Winston, Desmond, Keith, Robert

My husband and I are considering Miller for a girl NM Millie. The opposition leader of Ontario (Canadian province) gave us the idea. that's his 3 or 4 year old daughter's name and they call her Millie. We have family names set in stone for MNs so can't be of much help there, sorry!