Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Millie - too popular?

I love the name Amelia nn Millie but I worry that since Amelia is in the 20's now it's getting popular What do you think of it and do you think it is getting too popular? Do you think most Amelias go by Mia or the full Amelia etc?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I definitely don't think Millie is too popular. Most Amelia's I know of or hear of go by Mia. Millie seems very underused. In fact, the only Millie I knew was my Great Aunt Millie, whose full name was Mildred.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I like Millie.. I have only met one (in mexico) she is probably about 15 and her full name is Mildred..

Im not a huge fan of Mildred but Millie is adorable!
    boys names drive me crazy!

I LOVE Millie and I'm eager to see what everyone thinks about this thread. I have worried about Millie getting more popular in the US because it's currently so popular in the UK. I think if you're planning to use Amelia nn Millie that you'll be in the minority. I do know of one young Emilia, and she goes by Emilia. Millicent is another great way to get to Millie!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Susannah, Loretta, Georgia, Theodora
    Viggo, Thaddeus, Woodrow, Laszlo

I love Millie! I had planned to name my daughter Emiliana for year (since I was 14 or so), but I recently took it off the list. The combined popularity of Amelia, Emilia, Emma, etc. just makes it too common for me. It's something to consider, and only you can really decide whether or not the popularity would bother you...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara