Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Looking at Vanessa with a new set of eyes.. WDYT?

This was one of the names my husband has always loved. (Vanessa and Colette, though he is off of Colette just as I started to come around to it- go figure). We're pretty obviously of Irish heritage and I always thought Vanessa sounded too exotic for our Mc last name. It's come to my attention that although Vanessa is not Irish in origin, it was invented by an Irish writer! Maybe something that helps it make more sense for us? It doesn't necessarily go well with siblings Mason and Brenna, but for the sake of adding names to the list I'm trying to move past that. What do you think of Vanessa? An Irish name was never a must but I always thought I wouldn't stray too far away from the "feel". Vanessa Maeve is the combo that got me rethinking

I think Vanessa is really nice. Its not my favourite V name..but I do think it sounds pretty. The name has consistently been in the top 200 for years and years. The highest point it ever got was #50, and that was back like in the 80s. Some people might think its dated, but because it never got SUPER popular and its been around for years, I think its do-able.

That all said, Im not sure it goes with Brenna. I think its the enna/essa ending. It makes it seem a bit sing-songey. A little matchy matchy.

Yeah something about Mason Brenna Vanessa is sing-songy! like you mixed together mason and brenna and out popped vanessa not necessarily a bad thing tho!
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Esther Dorothy . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery

Vanessa isn't really one of my favorite names, but the combo Vanessa Maeve is very nice. The enna/essa endings of Brenna and Vanessa don't bother me at all. I'm not sure Vanessa is the same style as Mason and Brenna, though.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???

I like Vanessa, but seeing how that's my name, I'm partial. I always liked that my name isn't super common (never had any in my class), but not unusual either. Vanessa Maeve is pretty!