Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Sydney Kathryn?

We are expecting our first baby girl this summer. Please let me know your honest opinion of our top girl name, Sydney Kathryn. Would love to get some outside opinions since family and friend feedback has been mixed. Do you like Sydney for a girl? Thanks for your help!

I don't mind these two names. The flow of the names is fine even though they're both two syllables. My only issue is how it looks written out on the page: three y's in a combo looks messy to my eyes. Sydney Catherine looks more polished and would be lovely (or Sydney Katherine).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree with Mischa about the three y's. I do think Sydney is spunky and cute

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Girl Names
    Rose Aberdeen--Isla Jane--Fiona Jude--Ailsa May--Eilidh Wren--Elsie Niamh--Mairi Lark

Boy Names
    Henry Forrest--Niall Rhys--Ewan Scott--Rory James--George Ruairidh--Hugh Alastair
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. I'm not crazy about the name Sydney on girls or boys (just not a fan of place names in general), but I think nn Syd paired with a feminine name like Kathryn has a kind of cute tomboy charm. There are A LOT of Ys in that name. I think pairing Kathryn with another Y name is good because then it doesn't stick out like a soar thumb (I was sad when I got married and now my last name doesn't have a Y to balance out my first name), but I also feel like the look of Sydney would clash with a different spelling of Kathryn. Hmm...Yeah, I'm really on the fence with this one. I think they sound okay together if I take my personal bias out of it. I think Ys bother me so much because they're used so often in "kre8ive" names. These are real accepted names. I'm pretty sure if I knew someone who named their baby Sydney Kathryn, the name would grow on me.

Cute! I think Katherine would look better too, though.