Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I've been joking for years that I would name my daughters Mildred and Gertrude... not seriously, but just to see people's reactions.
    Somewhere down the line though, Mildred grew on me.
    I see the nickname Millie is coming back, but I prefer Molly (only as a middle name). Molly is a variant of Mary, which is my middle name.
    I still like Mildred despite the old granny feel of it.

I love the name Lavender, but I am not brave enough to use it.

Melisande, Araminta, Astoria, Rhianna (the proper Welsh form), Dulcie, Bronwyn/Bronwen (Welsh, the Y is now more common in Wales), Aviana, Maelle, Margot, Acacia, Fallon, Merryn (another Welsh name), Aderyn (Welsh)

*sigh* I love all these names so much, but Fallon and Astoria would be teased, Dulcie's not seen as a 'proper name', Rhianna would be connected to the pop singer (who I loathe), Maelle + Acacia are hard to pronounce, Aderyn, Aviana +Merryn are viewed as 'made up', and Margot, Bronwyn/Bronwen, Araminta and Melisande would just be typecasted as weird.

I love Lexington too! I think they are great names
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Noah (29-5-10), Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

My faves that i'm not brave enough to try are: Clementine, Clover, Acadia (nn cadi) and Winter

I know these aren't too out of the ordinary, but all of them have a definite teasing factor that scares me.

Also, Haley I know a Bronwen and i've asked her about her name and she says though she used to loathe it in school she's really fond of it now and loves that no one else ever has the same name
    Last edited by lindyp; July 29th, 2013 at 09:16 AM.