Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mei_mei View Post
    Kitty is an adorable vintage nickname, but just doesnt work as a full name for me. It'd be difficult to take a 'Kitty' seriously in a professional environment. I would also want to option of introducing myself as katherine, Kristina, Keturah, etc. Rather than just being Kitty.
    Do you think the nickname Kit is any better for professional purposes?
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□cecilia, kay, agnes, rosemary "rosie"□
    ■george, philip, thomas, bruno, james, joseph■
    ◊guilty pleasures: della, philomena, magdalene, sullivan, caspar, mack, franklin, ferris◊

My full name is Katherine and when I was younger I went by Kitty until 6 or 7 then it was Kat until I was about 11 and now Katie when I'm in college I'll probably go by Kate and when I'm old and married Katherine. Please do NOT name your daughter Kitty! I really liked being called Kitty when I was young but now that I'm older I'm thankful I have a name like Katherine with many nicknames so I can pick one that best fits my age. Can you imagine going to a job interview and saying Hi I'm Kitty? If you named your daughter Katherine she could use Katherine professionally but of course friends and family could still call her Kitty
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

I personally wouldn't want to have Kitty as a full name, so nay for me. I do like Kit as a standalone name though.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I think Kit is great. I'm not sure how I feel about it as a given name, though. It's not very substantial. Maybe Kitt? Or Kitri?
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I think that Nikita is another name that has the literal "kit" right in there. I tend to agree with you that literal nicknames feel a lot easier than those with less of an overt connection. But Catherine/Kitty works for me cause it seems so classic. I think Ankita is really pretty. It almost has a classic quality like Ann-Kitty.