Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mei_mei View Post
    Kitty is an adorable vintage nickname, but just doesnt work as a full name for me. It'd be difficult to take a 'Kitty' seriously in a professional environment. I would also want to option of introducing myself as katherine, Kristina, Keturah, etc. Rather than just being Kitty.
    Do you think the nickname Kit is any better for professional purposes?
    Gail, 16

Rosemary "Rose" Renee, Daphne Wells
    Louis (Lew-is) Alexander

Cecilia-Kay-Louisa-Magdalene-Fern
    Philip-Thomas-Bruno-Sullivan-Franklin-Frederick

My full name is Katherine and when I was younger I went by Kitty until 6 or 7 then it was Kat until I was about 11 and now Katie when I'm in college I'll probably go by Kate and when I'm old and married Katherine. Please do NOT name your daughter Kitty! I really liked being called Kitty when I was young but now that I'm older I'm thankful I have a name like Katherine with many nicknames so I can pick one that best fits my age. Can you imagine going to a job interview and saying Hi I'm Kitty? If you named your daughter Katherine she could use Katherine professionally but of course friends and family could still call her Kitty
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

I personally wouldn't want to have Kitty as a full name, so nay for me. I do like Kit as a standalone name though.
    Emily / 20 / American

Not loving names at the moment.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I think Kit is great. I'm not sure how I feel about it as a given name, though. It's not very substantial. Maybe Kitt? Or Kitri?
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I think that Nikita is another name that has the literal "kit" right in there. I tend to agree with you that literal nicknames feel a lot easier than those with less of an overt connection. But Catherine/Kitty works for me cause it seems so classic. I think Ankita is really pretty. It almost has a classic quality like Ann-Kitty.