Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I love Kitty, I think it's lovely. I think it would fine, but would agree that it would be better as a nn, preferably of Catherine.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Nay. I was considering Kitty at one point, but then my husband brought up the creepy man factor.
    "I bet I can make you purr" being the cleanest of all the potential lines he listed. I wouldn't subject a daughter to that.

Only as a nickname, it just doesn't age well on it's own. So name her Catherine and call her Kitty or use it in the middle.

Kitty does have a vintage feel and makes me think of the characters in Pride and Prejudice and Anna Karenina (neither of whose full name was Kitty); however, I'd only do Kitty as a nickname, as it doesn't sound professional on an adult.

On the other hand, I do know someone whose actual name is Kitty. She is from Hong Kong and has a Chinese name, but her parents let her choose her own English name as a child, and that's the name she goes by. It doesn't seem to have hampered her career as she has a PhD.
    Miriam ~ Tabitha ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Kitty is becoming quite popular in England & Wales along with other vintage stand-alone nicknames names like Evie and Lottie. I have met 3 under 5 in the last few months. I think it is charming but i can understand the arguement for using as a nickname for a longer base name. I know a Caitlin nn Kitty (in her twenties) which is lovely. Personally, i would use it for any vintage name beginning with C or K eg Clementine.

I've always thought that sisters called Catherine and Susannah nicknamed Kitty and Sukie would be adorable.
    ~ Mama to Juniper and Arlo and our pooch Crazy Chester ~
    a hypothetical 3rd/4th child would be Susannah Liberty ~ Tait Henry Miles