Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I love Kitty, I think it's lovely. I think it would fine, but would agree that it would be better as a nn, preferably of Catherine.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Nay. I was considering Kitty at one point, but then my husband brought up the creepy man factor.
    "I bet I can make you purr" being the cleanest of all the potential lines he listed. I wouldn't subject a daughter to that.

Only as a nickname, it just doesn't age well on it's own. So name her Catherine and call her Kitty or use it in the middle.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I'd keep it as a nickname. Unless you are extraordinarily well-to-do , and your money and your last name and the expensive education you will give to your child are there to make up for a name like Kitty, it's an irresponsible choice and it's unfair to your child. Was your grandmother actually named Kitty? It wasn't short for Catherine? Regardless, if you're stuck on Kitty, name her Catherine.

Kitty does have a vintage feel and makes me think of the characters in Pride and Prejudice and Anna Karenina (neither of whose full name was Kitty); however, I'd only do Kitty as a nickname, as it doesn't sound professional on an adult.

On the other hand, I do know someone whose actual name is Kitty. She is from Hong Kong and has a Chinese name, but her parents let her choose her own English name as a child, and that's the name she goes by. It doesn't seem to have hampered her career as she has a PhD.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova