Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marina

Marina

I'm just over 19 weeks along with a baby girl, and my husband and I have pretty much settled on Anna Marina ("grace like the sea"). Meanings are incredibly important to us, although we also love the sweet, delicate sound of the two names together. However, almost everyone we've mentioned the name to thinks "Marina" is an odd choice.

Assuming that we are aware of and like the double-A sound of the names' endings, and we love the meaning, is there something we're missing here? Is "Marina" terrible?

Thanks,
    Amie
    Stepmom to Kate and Matt
    Expecting Anna on 19 December 2013

Marina isn't terrible. It is just not my style. Anna Marina doesn't flow very well. How about Anne Marina?

Hope this helps. :-)

The sound reminds me of Anna Karenina. Do you plan to call her by both names or just Anna?

I think its fine. I actually like the flow of Anna Marina and the meaning is lovely. I suppose Marina is an unusual choice these days, perhaps is seen as a little dated to some people, but i wouldn't let that bother you. I don't know if you're looking for other suggestions but Anna Cordelia means 'grace and heart of the sea' which is lovely too and you get the double a ending that you like.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl- Callie - Beatrice -Clementine - Delphine - Eulalie
    Zephyr - Asa - Gene - Ezra - Otis - Henry - Miles

We'll just call her "Anna." I rather like the flow of Anna Marina myself, and Anna Cordelia is lovely too!
    Stepmom to Kate and Matt
    Expecting Anna on 19 December 2013