Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I thought of one more for a girl-- Thalia-- one of the 3 graces, muse of comedy!

Hello! I'm 36 weeks and having a boy, but my husband and I are undecided on a name as well. I have just about the most common name of all time in the States, but when I lived in England I don't think I really ran into as many Kates/Katies as I do on a daily basis here - common still, but I had a respite for a couple years and it helped me to appreciate my common name a little more!

However, I've been really warring with the idea of naming our child something that is way too popular - I have been against it from the beginning, but many top names on my list are definitely in the top 50 in the States.

Our top name currently is not even in the top 1000 in the States, and now I'm warring with THAT! Will anyone know how to pronounce/spell his name? Is it going to be a pain for his whole life? So, you can see, it may be many advantages to having a more common name than you may think.

That being said, here's my current list of names for boys, as well as the list for girls (as far as I got before we found out the gender several months ago).

Many of these are popular in the UK, to be sure. Just try to blur them out, as I'm no longer familiar with the top 100 list there.

Lachlan
    William
    Jack
    Keith
    Edwin
    Henry
    Ethan
    Gabriel
    James
    Alexander
    Marius
    Per
    Graeme
    Clark
    Hamish
    Miles
    Dean
    Emerson
    Cormac
    Hugh
    Wells
    Rhys
    Wesley
    Conall

Claire
    Rose
    Violet
    Viola
    Pearl
    Eire
    Eleanor
    Agnes
    Leigh
    Jane
    Ella
    Beatrice
    Ruby
    Midge
    Penelope

We are trying to narrow it down to our top 5 that we both like, with the right to pick one of them when our baby is delivered. Everyone says that you come to love whatever name you choose within weeks of your baby's birth - and THAT will be the positive association with the name that will make you love the name no matter what.

kef1 google the SSA births in the U.S. and you can find the rankings of names up to 1000.

You have some good names on your list.
    Psalm 23

arlo? Sterling, noble, corbin, merrick
    verity, catalina, delia, sela?
    Natacha - mother to Geneva Simone and Marlena Carys
    a site that surveys people with the same name.

Current Favs:
    Boys: Archer Sloan or Merrick
    Girls: Indira Maren or Sloan

I find Simon and Alice are both classic and interesting.

Simon Otto or Simon Ezra are both distinctive combinations.
    Alice Lillian and Alice June are fabulous combinations.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate