Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    There have been so many wonderful suggestions, and thank you for those, but none of them are jumping out at me. I *like* some of them, but I don't love any of the names. I'm being really picky and I'm sorry about that, I wish it was easier to name a baby, but I just have no idea. I like so many different styles, and my "style" changes constantly - it's never consistent. I don't have any attachment to any names, really :/

Sorry for any repeats and if they are too popular in the UK. Based on the names you said you liked, but don't love ...
    - Ari, Ezra, Otto, Simon
    Hugo
    Arlo
    Bram
    Griffin
    Jasper
    Rufus
    Rhett
    Virgil
    Milo (prob too popular for you)
    Leonardo
    Orlando

- Alice, June, Lillian, Marlowe
    Sylvie (it was the first girl name that popped into my head)
    Elsa/Elsie
    Lollia/Lillia
    Dahlia
    Marigold
    Isidora
    Jemima
    Gemma
    Aurelia
    Georgina
    Marina
    Marnie
    Ingrid
    Freya

I understand your concern about a name being too popular (I was named the top girl name for the year I was born), but at a certain point, you have to just find a name that you love. There may be a slim chance that there will be another child with that name in the class, but he or she will survive it. Good luck! Don't stress about it too much ... you'll find the one.
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

Quote Originally Posted by jebaldas View Post
    Sorry for any repeats and if they are too popular in the UK. Based on the names you said you liked, but don't love ...
    - Ari, Ezra, Otto, Simon
    Hugo
    Arlo
    Bram
    Griffin
    Jasper
    Rufus
    Rhett
    Virgil
    Milo (prob too popular for you)
    Leonardo
    Orlando

- Alice, June, Lillian, Marlowe
    Sylvie (it was the first girl name that popped into my head)
    Elsa/Elsie
    Lollia/Lillia
    Dahlia
    Marigold
    Isidora
    Jemima
    Gemma
    Aurelia
    Georgina
    Marina
    Marnie
    Ingrid
    Freya

I understand your concern about a name being too popular (I was named the top girl name for the year I was born), but at a certain point, you have to just find a name that you love. There may be a slim chance that there will be another child with that name in the class, but he or she will survive it. Good luck! Don't stress about it too much ... you'll find the one.
    Thank you for the suggestions! I like some of these.

RE the last paragraph - I can't love a name that's popular, I just can't. And the top names here are so boring to me I just don't want to give my child a name like that. I always wished I had a more interesting name. I have friends with interesting names and I was always jealous when they introduced themselves and got "oh wow what a pretty name!" as a reaction. Mine is so boring, I don't want that for my children.

A lot of people get attached to names based on childhood memories, friendships, favorite stories, books or tv characters, names given to dolls, or other positive associations. Maybe if you take some time, relax and consider your favorite memories something will come to you. Best wishes!