Murphy

Marilyn
    Ingrid
    Greta
    Constance
    Eleanor
    Erin
    Esther
    I like Elias (but I have a nephew named Elijah), Moses, and Constance. I like Eleanor but it's too popular here. And I like Franklin too, but it clashes with the last name :/

Quote Originally Posted by millienow2011 View Post
    A friend of mine had a similar problem. In the end both of them sat down with one of those huge baby name books and wrote down all the names they liked. Then the picked one that was one both their lists.

For me and DH meaning was important, our daughter is named after DH's middle name cos it's a name I love, it had a significant meaning to both of us and I loved the idea of her being named after him but in a none obvious way.
    We did the name book thing, but we barely liked any of the names, and the only ones we did, we only liked. I need to really love the name otherwise I won't feel comfortable giving it to my child.

Meaning would be important, but like I stated in the original post, there's no one we are close enough to to want to honour. My boyfriend has his father's middle name, but they haven't gotten on very well recently.

Have you tried looking up the list for the ssa from awhile ago? Like 1800s im sure that would have some ideas. What about Millie, sadie, eliza, ruth, julie, claire, Samuel, benjamin, Gideon. Frank Clark

How about:

Boys:

Theodore
    Ansel
    Elijah or Elias (Eli)
    Abner
    Ashby
    Arrick
    Clifford
    Eldon
    Piers

Girls:

Nancy
    Margo
    Clara
    Harriet
    Henrietta
    Corrine or Corinna
    Eloisa
    Idony

Hope these aren't too out there! I'm trying to think of classic names that haven't been overdone (a la Sophia, Olivia, Ella, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by hootowl View Post
    Have you tried looking up the list for the ssa from awhile ago? Like 1800s im sure that would have some ideas. What about Millie, sadie, eliza, ruth, julie, claire, Samuel, benjamin, Gideon. Frank Clark
    Most of them are way too popular here in England :/ I think that's what the issue is: we love vintage names, but they're all so popular and overused in England. And the ones that aren't so popular are too dated or we just don't like.