Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Could Elias and Ruby ever work in a sibset?

Is there any possible way that Elias and Ruby could work in a sibset? Why or why not? If not, what would work better? If you add a third sibling, Jude, is Ruby the outcast? Please help!
    Thanks in advance!
    A girl named Chastity who is a teenberry name addict!

Grace-Annabella-Ruby-Alice-Evangeline-Lily-Aurelia-Cordelia-Delilah-Harper
    Elias-Jude-Roman-Beckett-Dashiell-Henry-Noah-Samuel-Ezra-Oliver

I like Jude and Ruby better then Elias and Ruby. In terms of working I think the really depends one how much you want your children's names to line up and how important that is to you. I mean there is nothing to stop you from having Elias and Ruby but I would think Elliot and Ruby work better together. And with Elias, Ruby and Jude then Ruby does stand out. But it might not be something that would really bother her.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

I don't find Elias and Ruby odd in a sibset. They both strike me as names coming back into fashion. Additionally, I think brothers' and sisters' names don't need to coordinate as well as same gender siblings. And Jude is great with Elias.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas

It depends on whether or not it bothers you. Most people in real life don't overanalyze sibset names. I see that Elias and Jude go together, and Ruby and Jude is a bit better than Ruby and Elias. But at the same time, if I knew a family with these names, I'd probably just think the kids had cool names.

Yes, of course Elias and Ruby would work as siblings. Jude also works well with Elias and Ruby. However, I don't think Ruby would be the odd one out in that sibling set. If anything, Elias would be, because Ruby and Jude both have four letters and have a "u" as the second letter.