Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What season are these three names?

On other threads I have seen folks mentioning that certain names remind them of a baby born in a particular season (summer, autumn, winter, spring). That made me curious what season my favorite girl names seem like they'd be born under. What do you think?

Sansa
    Astoria
    Kalindi
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Sansa - fall/autumn
    Astoria - winter or summer
    Kalindi - autumn/winter/summer (I could honestly see any of these!)

This is a fun idea!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Sansa- fall
    Astoria- Spring
    Kalindi- winter
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Sansa-late summer/early fall
    Astoria-spring
    Kalindi-winter
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

Sansa and Astoria feel very wintery to me and Kalindi feels very summery.

I don't think it's necessarily that every name has a "season" so much that a lot of names have some connection to the season. A color or gemstone attaching to the birthstone of a certain month (ie. Ruby or Scarlett). A character in a play or movie that takes place primarily in a certain season (ie. Clara or Heidi). A name that reminds you of a certain holiday or season (ie. Noelle, Coral, Lark). Or it might have a connection to a place that's known for a certain type of weather (ie. Anastasia or Leilani)

With a lot of names, it's more just feeling. Astoria has a very stately feel to me, like it would belong to someone very proper and buttoned up, maybe even a bit cold. Kalindi sounds very tropical, like Leilani, so I picked summer.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin