Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wilf?

Wilf?

Ok so this name has been on and of my list for a while because honestly, I'm just unsure about whether it is usable in real life.

I absoultely love Wilf and if I wasn't so worried about if it would work then it would be right at the top of my list.

For some reason I'm not a fan of Wilfred. I like it but I can't picture myself using it, plus I'm not a fan of the NN Freddie but I love Wilf/Wilfie.

What do you think of just Wilf? Is it usable?

Thanks!

Edit: woops I forgot to ask about another name, do you think Lawson is usable with the NN Sonny/Sunny? I'm really crushing on this name right now!
    Last edited by philippahd; July 26th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Arlo|Finn|Oliver|Taylor|Fox|Rhodes|Archer|Bram|Bay |Lane|Evett|Tyne|Bodhi

Everly|Arla|Clementine|Avalon|Iris|Charla|Allegra| Nova|Lark|Birdie|Ione|Indigo|Lumina

I wouldn't use Wilf on its own. It sounds like "whiff" and doesn't feel substantial at all. You could always use it as a nickname for any Wil- name.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Thanks! That was one of my concerns. It sounds very nicknamey. I never thought about using any Wil- name. I have been liking Wilson lately to honor family (I also love William) and never thought about Wilf as a nickname, thanks!
    Arlo|Finn|Oliver|Taylor|Fox|Rhodes|Archer|Bram|Bay |Lane|Evett|Tyne|Bodhi

Everly|Arla|Clementine|Avalon|Iris|Charla|Allegra| Nova|Lark|Birdie|Ione|Indigo|Lumina

Wilfred is one of the three contenders for our next boy, due in January. Our first is Stanley and I think it works so well together. I dont think I'd use it on its own as Wilf though, it's not strong enough as a name on its own for me.

I wouldn't use Wilf on its own. I think there is some teasing potential because it reminds me of Milf. I am a grown woman who thought of that immediately, so I'm sure a middle school or high school aged boy would also think that. I like it as a nickname though. I definitely think it could work for Wilson and William.