Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marina

I love Marina (and not just because of Marina and the Diamonds, although I'm sure that helps). Anna Marina is a bit rhymey, but if the last name has a completely different sound, I think it works well. The meaning is beautiful.
    ElizabethAlessandraBronwenDylanJamesSilasJoseph

I think Anna Marina is lovely and classic. I think of Anna Maria and it might get mistaken for that, but that's the only flaw I see. Gorgeous choice!

Oddly I actually went to school with a girl named Marina for 8 and it never occurred to me - until after I went to college - that her name was a word name (as in place where you dock a boat).

I think it's quite charming with just enough quirk to be interesting without weird.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

I love the name Marina. I think Anna Marina sounds beautiful.

I agree with Taz above who said that people might be surprised just because they'd expect Anna Maria instead. I don't think that's a big deal, though, and Anna Marina sounds much prettier to me.

I love the name Marina but DH vetoed due to the boat docking thing. Anna Marina has a lot of a's in it, but if you love it, go with it--it's not that big of a deal (I won't even go so far as to call it a "problem")