Results 46 to 50 of 51
August 21st, 2013 06:23 PM #46
August 21st, 2013 07:20 PM #48
Apparently this is a day where I just notice Harry Potter names all around the site and get to be excited about it... I love your combo especially because of the Weasley twins. I know this is a semi-old thread, but since you aren't due until January I will still cast my vote. George Frederick goes Perfectly with older brother Henry Oliver and I don't think you should change it or worry about the connection to the sweet little Prince. If anything that makes the name more special imo. Good luck! =]
August 21st, 2013 07:35 PM #50Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
August 22nd, 2013 04:49 AM #52Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
I agree with the others who encouraged you to stick with George. It's a handsome classic that wouldn't necessarily be associated with the new prince automatically.
However, if you do decide to go with Frederick in the first slot, I don't think the nickname Fred is a given. We have a little Frederik, and granted he's only 6 months old, but nobody every tries to call him Fred. We only call him by his full name and everyone follows our lead. Whether he or his friends will choose a different nickname when he's older remains to be seen, but I wouldn't avoid Frederick just because of Fred.
Good luck!mother to Louisa (born 11/22/2010) and Frederik (born 2/19/2013)
August 22nd, 2013 05:20 AM #54
1. Should we stick with George as a first name or seriously reconsider?
- dont reconsider, just dont use it, its booming even without the prince
2. Do you like George or is it a bad choice with the recent not so popular 'George Bush' and 'George Zimmerman' in US culture...
Bush i dont personally have a vendetta against like most people but he is still on everyones minds as is Zimmerman
but these connotations are definitely ANOTHER REASON TO SKIP
3. If we do reconsider - what boy names would you pick as a nice sibset with "Henry Oliver"
- Anthony, Theodore, Derek, Gregory, Thackeryi do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~