Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    1. I'd say keep it if you love it.

2. George is a nice name. I prefer Georgia, the female version, though.

3. Henry Oliver
    +

Desmond
    Cyrus
    Arthur
    Edmund
    Thomas
    Quentin
    Norman
    Frederick
    Byron
    Ivan
    Wyatt
    Samuel
    Virgil
    Joseph
    Jorah
    Gideon
    Ezekiel
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    One of the best things about bestowing a classic, timeless name like George on a child is that there are literally hundreds of possible namesakes. The Prince of Cambridge, Bush, and Zimmerman are just three of a plethora of associations. I think it's beyond silly that people are taking George off of their list because of the prince. It's a wonderful, underused name (in the US at least) that absolutely deserves a popularity boost - assuming that the little prince's birth even influences the name's popularity in America. The idea that you could be seen as "copying" the royal couple is absurd. It's George, not Peregrine or Caradoc. All that said, George Frederick is so dashing. It's the perfect name for a brother to Henry Oliver.
    I agree with all of this!

George Frederick is a great name! I don't think you should change your selection because of the royal baby. While George isn't very common nowadays, it's still a classic that reaches beyond the monarchy. Everyone in the royal family has a very traditional name. William, Harry, Elizabeth, Kate, Charles. It isn't an homage to Windsor Castle to use one this handsome classic!

I love George! I would use it even with the Prince of Cambridge, maybe even because of the Prince (who wouldn't want to have the same name as a prince?). I agree with the previous comments that George Frederick sounds like Fred and George Weasley, but if that doesn't bother you, GO FOR IT!
    "I feel like a little bit, like, I’m the Braveheart of creativity.”
    ~ Kanye West