Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    To be honest, I'd just stick with George. It's a lovely name and, as others have mentioned, it's not that unusual that people would automatically assume you were naming him after the new prince. I think George Frederick is wonderful

If you really don't want George as a first you could always swap and have Frederick George instead, which is also perfectly wonderful, and use could always use Freddy as a nn if you wished. Another suggestion is Charles Frederick, a combo which I've always thought was perfect.
    Last edited by hanniekitt; July 26th, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Hit reply too soon!
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I agree with pp's, George is a handsome, substantial name with many positive associations. If I met a little George I wouldn't assume you were copying anyone, just reviving a classic name.

George is one of the most basic names in existence. If John wasn't tainted by McCain and Mary wasn't ruined by Typhoid, George is definitely not going to become unusable either.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by aje88 View Post
    When you hear of a 30-some year old named William, do you think of the Prince? Probably not.
    aje88 : My husband just said the exact same thing....

Thanks everyone for all the notes!

George is nice, but how about Hudson Brock? Flows with brother and not too popular!