Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How soon after delivering a baby can I conceive again?

Hi Berries! I have a question for you moms out there. I've always known that I wanted to have two kids very close in age so they can be each other's playmate/best friend/companion (you get the picture!). I just had my first bundle of joy July 8th. How soon can I start TTC again? Thanks!
    Ann Estelle

Mommy to Merida Marie!

My two kids now are only 13 months apart, and #2 and #3 will be only 17 months apart. I say give yourself 2-4 months to heal then start TTC.

I would wait at least six months, just so you are sure that your body is ready to go again. Most things I read say to wait at least a year, but I think if you are in good shape and take care of yourself, you could be ready in about six months.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Quote Originally Posted by annlovesbabynames1980 View Post
    Hi Berries! I have a question for you moms out there. I've always known that I wanted to have two kids very close in age so they can be each other's playmate/best friend/companion (you get the picture!). I just had my first bundle of joy July 8th. How soon can I start TTC again? Thanks!
    It all depends on you.

If you think your body is strong and ready to go into another 40 weeks of carrying a baby around, I say you can start TTC maybe 3 or 4 months after. If you think that you're still going to be weak and need a little more time to get over the months of walking around with a baby, then you should wait AT LEAST 10 months.

I think you should talk to your doctor for the final verdict. He/she will know best.
    Sincerely, Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Momma to one little princess, Finley Makiya (7.27.13)

"Titi" (aunt) to Emily-Marie Gloria and Nicholas Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by blessedmommajennie View Post

I think you should talk to your doctor for the final verdict. He/she will know best.
    Exactly. You should talk to your doctor before making any decisions.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles