Names Searched Right Now:

Repeating a first initial/sound?

How important do you think it is for every child to have their own initial/initial sound?

We are expecting #4 (a girl after 3 boys). Boys are Ezra, Porter and Camden. The problem is, is that we really like quite a few P, E or C names for our little girl. Given that it's a girl, rather than another boy, do you think repeating a letter matters? Or would it be better to try to stay away from the same beginning and ending sounds?

Our girl letter repeat options are: Clementine and Paisley and I always love E names for girls.

If the baby would have been a boy, top boy's name would've been different in beginning and ending sound (Brooks).

Congrats!

I would normally say same beginning letters for siblings is a no-no, but since this will be a girl with all boys and you have four kids, I think that two names with the same beginning letter would be okay. I'm assuming you listed your boys in age order, so strictly technically speaking I think Paisley would work well. That way you would have neither two names in a row with the same initial nor two "bookends," if you will.

I think it's fine to have repeated first initials! As long as the names aren't too similar. I come from a sibset with 2 E's and 1 L, and no one ever thought anything of it. The E names are not similar in any way, and we have different letter middle names so our full initial sets are unique.

I don't think it's a deal breaker. I like the idea of different ending and beginning sounds but I think loving the name is more important.

I think it's fine. I think what's more important to me is that each name was chosen with care and time and not kind of plucked from the sky at random. Sometimes with the 4th or 5th, the "first-choice" names have been used on older siblings, although I see this as less of a problem with a first girl. There are some names that are closer to each other than names that share an initial. Camden and Clementine or Porter and Paisley are more distinct than Ezra and Liza, for example
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper