Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love them both. I think you and I have similar taste. I have one daughter named Alice, one named Mary ("Molly") and one named Jane. I think Alice Jane is a very sweet combination and I like that you can use both her first and middle named like a double-barreled first name. They sound nice when said out loud together and Janie gives you an additional nickname that you can use. I think Alice Jane has a slightly better flow than Alice Mary, but if Mary has a special meaning to you then now would be a good time to change her middle name. But I think both combinations are lovely so you really can't go wrong with either of them.

Alice or Mary dillema

Thank you for all your feedback on my troubles regarding staying with Alice Jane or changing to Mary Alice/Alice Mary. I appreciate your thoughtful words. I wonder if Mary Alice Jane would work? My sister loves the idea of Mary Alice Elizabeth which I also think is pretty, but maybe a little bit long.

All in all, I am leaning toward Mary Alice so I can have my Mary and the kids can have their Alice. I wonder if Mary Alice is a little too "southern" sounding (we live on the west coast) but I would just use one name and nothing double-barrelled.

If I kept Alice Jane, I would try to use that name together because I like it better that way for some reason.

Anyhow, thanks for all your nice thoughts. If anyone else has any opinions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks very much!

Oh I can so relate to you! Such a tough feeling to be so in love with that sweet baby & so confused on her name!
    Here's my 2 cents
    I just read your last reply so.... I think whether you stick with Alice Jane or change it-you have such beautiful options you really can't go wrong!!
    Alice Mary Jane or Mary Alice would be so perfect & I don't think of Mary Alice or Alice Mary as "southern" sounding, but more old-fashioned vintage (in a great way!)
    Best of luck to you!!!

I prefer Alice Jane to Mary Alice but they are both lovely. Good luck!

Alice Jane is perfect! I much prefer Alice as a first name as opposed to Mary. If anything, I would add Mary to the middle, Alice Mary Jane.