Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm so tired (it's late in Italia!) but I wanted to sneak in and comment...

I can absolutely see you and Hubs with a Freya, much more so than a Genevieve or Juliet. Clara is lovely too, have you read the Heidi books? Anyway, back to Freya. Freya's strong and beautiful, courageous and enchanting, just like her would be Mama. I think it's got all the practical magic you're looking for. It's recognisable and usable, yet different. I like it spelled the traditional way better... But I get that the simplified version might go over easier in America.
    Juliet's pretty watered down to me, I hear it so often. But I do live that you mentioned the gorgeous Emilie Autumn song (she sang it last time I saw her live, it was awesome!). Maybe it's not quite as generic over there as it is in England? It's a petty name, and nickname Jules is sweet.
    I'm not a big Genevieve fan, and I've tried her on time and time again. Where did Annevieve go? It was gorgeous! And Genoveva and Guinevere strikes me as more fitting for your wee li'l witchlet...

I don't have any good suggestions, but I'll try to think of some when the hot air cools down and the mosquitoes give up eating Dita and myself. I am typing this on my phone with a net over my head, that's how much I love you Sessha! xoxox
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

iams - I had forgotten all about Clara Barton! Thanks for the reminder, she was pretty awesome. I hear what you're saying about the E names, they've really grown in popularity. I too love the -wen ending...If I ending up using something else to get the Evie nickname, Elowen would definitely be Winnie over Ella. Genevieve is pretty, but Evie would be the only nickname I'd use, although Neve is really cute.

sapphires - Evelina is really pretty, although I almost prefer Evelyn. Oh you don't know how much I wanted Alice Illyria!!! Hubby wouldn't hear of it He is more lenient on middle names, but not by much. Gwyneira is another one that I was madly in love with, but succumbed to the Hubby veto. From your suggestions, Gwendolen stands out to me...I love the idea of Wendy for the Peter Pan link and another Winnie option. I'm glad you like Freya in the sibset, I'm so topsy-turvy when it comes to her...

otterlicious - You are so sweet! I do feel quite loved, thank you for braving the bugs for little ol' me I loved Clara in the Heidi books, that's another association that I'd forgotten all about! You're so right about Freya, she resonates with me far more than Juliet or Genevieve. I think I'm going to be brave and try her out with Hubby. Ooooh, Emilie Autumn, don't you just love her?? Such a powerful, emotive, expressive voice, and her lyrics are pure poetry, even the dark angry songs. I've been known to listen to Shalott on repeat for an hour at a time >_> Annevieve got the axe...she was "too French" -_- I've considered Guinevere, but she just doesn't resonate with me, especially after reading The Mists of Avalon... Thank you again, darling! I hope you enjoy your time in Italia and that the bugs leave you and Ditaroo alone!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I actually think Phoebe and Ophelia could work. My dh vetoes everything, it seems, or Phoebe would be one of my top names. I love the sounds, and for some reason the spelling itself is just attractive to me.

Phoebe is a strong name to me. It just feels so inviting, and strong willed and brave. It feels innocent. I envision a little girl with her hair blowing in the wind, running freely through fields of wildflowers. A little girl as graceful and whimsical as her name.

I have recently been warming up to Clara. I think its quite pretty.

Some other options for you- (i apologize for any repeats)

Merida
    Estella
    Stellara
    Azalea
    Coraline
    Arianwen
    Twyla
    Gwendolyn
    Gwenllian
    Niamh
    Maeve
    Callista
    Calixta
    Celeste
    Gwyneira

I pn Lyra like Lee-ruh, which i prefer over lie-ruh. Something to think about.

Also i was thinking a few other ways to get to evie could be Geneva, Genoveva or Everly.

Im actually really loving Everly. It feels magical to me in a way.

In the meantime I will scour the internet for possible v names as a middle for Elowen.
    Last edited by rhiatayler; July 28th, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

|Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Oh, isn't Shallot amazing? I love her wildly. Lucky for me, Dita loves her as well, at least Enchant and Lace, and her breathtaking take on O Mistress Mine... beautiful. I did play I want my innocence back the other day and she waved with her wee little arms... But Husband thought it was weird. Go figure.

Why is Annevieve more French than Genevieve?

Suggestions for the practical magical couple:
    Helena/Helene - this is he first name that comes to mind when I hear your description of what you and Hubby wants. It's twice Shakesperarian, once Potterian, it's mythological (Helen of Troy and an Amazon), astronomical (one of Saturn's moons), it's a butterfly! It's sheer awesomeness due to the wonderfully weird, beautiful and enchanting Helena Bonham Carter. In Ancient Greece they actually called the phenomenon St Elmo's Fire Helena.
    Ainsel - faery like creature in English folklore
    Alaida
    Belinda - "bright serpent". Various literary references.
    Deirdre - You know the story of Deirdre of the sorrows I presume, but is she too Irish?
    Giselle - the ballet! And the character in Enchanted is... enchanting. There's also the Arthurian link.
    Hulda - in Scandinavian folklore these are stunningly beautiful nymphs with tails who enchant and lure helpless men into the forests.
    Iselin - Norwegian version of Aisling.
    Ivalo - I don't know much about this, but I keep seeing it in Zelia's signature and I'm hooked!
    Laudine - the lady of the fountain! Need I say more?
    Marion - or Marian or Marianne. I selfishly suggest this. What's cooler than being named after maid Marian?
    Meredith - I think I've suggested this before but I'm throwing it at you again. It's that good.
    Nerissa - I'm sure you've thought about this... And that it's been nixed. But it's so beautiful and Shakesperarian and nereid-esque.
    Olwen - the girl so gentle and beautiful white flowers sprang from her footprints. Too impractical?
    Petra - beautiful city and a ton of rocking fictional characters.
    Selma - I believe there was a Swedish princess by this name a loooong time ago, but I'm not sure. Also a sea monster.
    Tamsin - just because its cute.
    Tilda - Swinton, which should be a synonym for fantastical awesomeness.
    Tyra or Thyra - Danish Queen consort who led armies in battle. It's old Norse, derived from thor's name.
    Vilda - means wild in Swedish.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]