Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts on Contessa?

Right now I've got a little crush on the name Contessa (as well as the nicknames Connie and Tess/Tessa) but I'm not completely sure that it's usable. What are everyone's thoughts? Is it pretty or pretentioius?

Thanks,
    Pansy

Contessa is Italian for "countess" so it's an aristocratic title. It would be like naming your child Princess, Queen or Duke. It's pretty and pretentious. Have you considered Constance or Italian names like Constanza and Concetta?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

@mischa - Yes, I know it's Italian for "countess", that's why I worry it might sound pretentious (which it probably does). LOL. I came across it when I was doing a search for a full name for Tess and thought, "Hey, that's actually really pretty!" Constance, Constanza and Concetta don't really appeal to me but thank you for the suggestions!

There is another name you might like - Quintessa. It has the same princess-y vibe without the prentention.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

It's a bit like naming your kid Marquis. Not quite as obviously royal as Princess or Duke, but with a bit of a snobby vibe. That being said, I don't think it's overwhelmingly pretentious.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid