Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to this! Life just got insanely crazy for a while there. So excited to come back to lists of lovely suggestions though! I think I'll write a book to celebrate :-P

rhiatayler – I adore your description of Phoebe! And she's my favorite Charmed sister, heehee. On the list she goes! Merida has never appealed to me, despite the Brave character's glorious red curls. I've always loved Stella and variants on paper but they just sound so stiff when I say them. I'm warming up to Gwendolyn, she's on the list…it's just hard to be content with her after her fabulous winter rose of a sister, Gwyneira was vetoed. I think my favorite of your suggestions is Celeste. I'd never considered it before, but I do love names with sun/moon/star/sky meanings, and the only Celeste I've ever met was a sweet charming little creature. Everly was my original long form for Evie, but Hubs flat refused. Le sigh…

Ooh, V middles! You're so kind. Veda appeals to me for the spiritual connection, and Viviana, though I prefer Vivienne/Vivienna. Thank you!

ottilie – Oh you make me giggle picturing that scene between Ditaroo, Hubs, and our dear Ms. Autumn! Annevieve and Genevieve are equally French and equally nixed. Sigh.

Darling, you make me want to love Helena SO BADLY but I just can't. I have known several Helens in my life and some in my extended family, and they're all singularly unpleasant people I can't hear the name without vivid childhood sensory memories of my neighbor Helen's house which reeked of cigarettes and cat urine. It's so unfortunate when a perfectly lovely name is ruined by bad associations!

The ones that Hubby will axe for sure: Alaida, Belinda (family friend), Giselle (first syllable sounds like an unfortunate slang word), Iselin, Ivalo, Laudine, Tilda/Vilda, Tyra (Banks), Thyra (thyroid). Nerissa is off-limits because of a friend's baby, Petra is spoken for by my bestie, Tamsin is the Valkyrie on Lost Girl. That leaves the following:

Ainsel – so cute! fear the veto… and is it too similar to Alice?
    Deirdre - sometimes I love her, sometimes I think she's just awkward. And her myth is so tragic that some sources list her name as meaning sorrowful! I know some folks think sad = romantic, but I'm not usually one of them.
    Marion/Marian - I do like the Southern vibe of Marion, it always makes me think of the Swamp Fox and Spanish moss…a little nod to my roots. Marian of course has the Robin Hood link. I'll have to have a think.
    MeredithMeredith really appeals to me. Pithy and salty and mysterious. I picture wreaths of fog along rocky coastline, and lonely buoys with bobbing lights and echoing bells. My fear (and this applies the Marian/Marion as well) is the nickname Merry/Mary. Mary, to me, is the chloroform of names, so snoozeworthy she knocks me out. And Merry, while a certain dashing little hobbit, is no different phonetically.
    Olwen – Husband likes Elowen, so he might warm up to Olwen. I see winter woods of Narnian proportions and silent-winged snowy owls. Is she too similar to Ophelia?
    Selma – I don't love this name, but neither do I hate it. I'm not familiar with it, and no imagery comes to mind. Which could mean one of two things: blank slate (yay!) or dud (aww…)

My inspiration well was running dry, so it's wonderful to immerse myself in suggestions again. If anyone has more, bring them on! Once I get a decent list, I'll probably post one of my imagery threads.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Just thought i'd chime in- Freya was the first name that i thought of when i read your original post. I think it fits perfectly in with other girls; if i had sisters, i would totally feel right with Lucia, Ophelia, Alice and a possible Evelyn. I also love Celeste for you. I'm completely biased, its my absolute favourite name at the moment. Freya Celeste perhaps?
    Last edited by freya55; August 7th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Freya is definitely on the list to pass on to Hubby

I think I'm just lacking inspiration at the moment. Going to throw all my rules out the window and just ask for brainstorming ideas, I think...but on a new thread. This one's convoluted enough! Thanks, berries!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu