Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Clara and Juliet are two of my favorites! And Alice!

What about Evie just as it is? I know one who's full first name is Evie (ehh-vee) and I've always liked it.
    Others:
    Oceania
    Desdemona
    Imogen (a name recently suggested to me)

favorite names this week: ????

Oh man, everything I wrote was just deleted. I hate that so much.

Starting over:

Clara- it's a sweet, quiet little name. Very pretty. It sounds lovely with all the girls, but I feel like it's almost too quiet beside your boys' names.

Juliet- if you don't like Julie, I'd pass on it, because people are going to want to call her Julie. You can insist on Juliet until you're blue in the face, and you're going to get those stubborn ones that won't budge, or Juliet herself may want to be a Julie.

Freya- this is one of my most adored names, and one I can't use. Freya is one of the greatest names. Feminine, powerful, the imagery is just gorgeous... I love it! I do agree that it seems to overpower Alice, Lucy and Evie. It sounds great with Ophelia and all the boys though!

Elowen- this one is practical magic. It's dripping in magic, but the sounds feel comfortable and practical, because they're used in other more common names. I can understand not falling for a name, as perfect as it seems, but from the outside looking in, this just feels like the most perfect name for you.

Loving dantea's suggestions, especially Isadora, Thalia, Phaedra, Avalon and Calypso. Evadne, Evanthe and Genevieve are three of my favorite "Evie" names, as is Everild, though that may be too much magic and not enough practical.

I think some of the names in my signature might suit the "practical magic" criteria. I don't remember what all is in there, so I may suggest some that are listed there already. Sorry.

Practical Magic

Athena
    Aurora
    Bianca
    Briseis
    Calanthe
    Calliope
    Charis
    Corisande
    Dorothea
    Eilwen
    Eirwen
    Fairuza
    Fiora
    Gemma
    Gwenore
    Hypatia
    Imogen
    Khione
    Laurel
    Leitha
    Lorelei
    Lysandra
    Nimue
    Nolwenn
    Rhiannon
    Runa
    Sabine
    Saga
    Talitha
    Tressa
    Thora
    Viola

Most of those aren't practical, are they? Sorry!

Evie Names

Evangeline
    Everild
    Ginevra
    Godiva
    Iverine
    Ivonne
    Ivy
    Maeve
    Niamh
    River
    Rivka
    Siobhan / Chevonne
    Vivian
    Yvain
    Yvette

edit: and a bunch of other great suggestions just popped up while I typed this, twice. Sigh!
    Last edited by redwoodfey; July 26th, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Clara and Clarabelle are totally different. Anyway, it's the -belle part that makes Clarabelle a cow name IMO, not Clara.

I have never heard Juliet shortened to Julie. I don't think that's a concern.

Freya sounds fine with all of those names.

I don't see Elowen V___ nn Evie working out. Honestly, I think Evie works fine as a stand-alone name anyway.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???