Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which of these two names?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theodore James Rhynold

52 86.67%
  • James Thomas Rhynold

8 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 2!

Top 2!

We are leaning towards Theodore for baby #4 but I've had negative feedback from a couple of friends who say the name reminds them of Alvin and the Chipmunks. We planned to use Theo as a nickname.

Another possibility is James, which is a family name and very meaningful to me. However, our last name is four letters, one syllable, so James seems awfully short. Especially with siblings Alexander, Madelyn, and Genevieve.

What do you think? Theodore James Rhynold (Rhynold was hubby's grandfather's name) or James Thomas Rhynold?
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

James and Thomas both end in -s, so that ones out in my opinion.
    Theodore James is awesome. Nickname could be TJ.

I think that the shortness of the youngest sibling's name would actually be somewhat charming. Both names are nice. The only thing I have against Theodore is that it sounds a bit cutesy and childish...but it is still undeniably a strong name.

I think Theodore James is handsome and majestic. I love the spunky Theo as a nickname and Theodore goes really well with your children's names especially Alexander. Who cares about Alvin and the Chipmunks - they're so yesterday. Anyway, they're kind of cute, aren't they?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love them both, but Theo is one of my favorite names and it's more interesting than James, as handsome as it is.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold