Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You pick!

You pick!

Can you help me pick the most british inspired name?

Jack- Union Jack
    Ferdinand nn Ferdie or Nando- Football player. I'm a Fan of soccer(Manchester United)
    Beckham nn Becks- See above
    London

If you have any better ideas or suggestions. Let me know! Would like it to go with mn Edward and girls names, Darcy and Maisy.
    Names I love for my future children:
    Girls: Maisy, Nora, Josephine, Lydia, Marian, Clementine, Amelia, Scout, Naomi, Darcy, Sage, Blair
    Boys:Gabriel/Gable, Kale, Easton, Jasper, Carlisle, Joseph, Jameson, Grant, Bennett, Asher

*****bump******
    Girls: Maisy, Nora, Josephine, Lydia, Marian, Clementine, Amelia, Scout, Naomi, Darcy, Sage, Blair
    Boys:Gabriel/Gable, Kale, Easton, Jasper, Carlisle, Joseph, Jameson, Grant, Bennett, Asher

Jack is quite plain. London isn't a bit chavvy, and is generally used for girls. Beckham is a bit like naming your son Michael Jackson to me. I love Ferdinand, but Ferdinand Edward is a lot of D's. Why not simply go for British style, rather than being so literal? For example, Rupert, Rufus, Bruno, Hugo, etc. Otherwise, why not look at British history and find some names from famous people?
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I didn't want the name to be so subtle you know? I want people to know it has to do something with Britian.

Btw this is all hypothetical!

Of your options listed, I think London is the only one that is obviously tied to Britain. I think London Edward sounds nice. Yes, London is used more for girls, but I don't think it's necessarily a "female" name. I can definitely see it on a boy. Jack just has too many other associations--nobody would think of the Union Jack, I'm afraid. Beckham is honoring an athlete rather than Britain as a whole. Other ideas you might like:

Briton
    Chester (British city name)
    Preston (British city name)
    Royal, nickname Roy