Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name for twin who passed away before birth?

Hi Nameberry. I am a long-time fan but this is my first post. Last week my husband and I received the sad news that one of our identical twin girls had passed away at 25 weeks gestation, cause unknown. The other twin is still healthy and I hope to be able to carry her to term. Our twins shared a placenta, making them very high risk, and since there are no apparent medical explanations as to why we lost her, we truly believe that perhaps she had to pass away in order to ensure that her twin sister could survive. I would like to choose a name for our girl who has passed that honors this sacrifice and that indicates that she is and will continue to look over her sister. Would love to know if there are any modern names that may have a fitting meaning. We have a name chosen for our other girl, but would like to keep that private until her birth. Thank you in advance for your help.

I should tell you that nameberry have troll infestation at the moment who invents fake miscarriage, death of a child, infertility, etc... There's much more fake twins. Can you assure us you're not a troll?
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy
    funky-clunky/historical-mythological

Yes I can assure you this is not a fake story. How terrible someone would do that.

I'm sorry for your loss, love.

Willa means resolute protection.
    Ramona means wise protector.
    Anna and Hannah mean grace.
    Alexandra means defender.
    Constance means steadfast.
    Alice means noble.
    Ada also means noble.
    Adele means noble woman.
    Adelaide means noble.

It is true that there have been a lot of fake stories lately. But I believe that your story is plausible, and even if it weren't true then perhaps the thread could help someone else who's in the same situation.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Eva means giver of life.
    Simra means memory.
    Audrey means noble strength.
    Angel or any variation of (there are versions of this in many languages, some of which sound rather different such as Arella or Tevy)

Wishing you comfort, and health for you and your little girl.