Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It's a beautiful name sounding name I just shy away because of the meaning.

It's pretty, but too mild for my tastes. I'd go for Alexandra or Sasha or at least Cecile (the long vowel sound in the 2nd syllablle gives it a little more umph). Cecily sounds weak, though I would love it in honor of Cecily Tyson (it sounds better with such a strong surname).

I'd go with the fact that it means "blind".
    Also I know someone whose name is Cecily and she gets "SEA-SILL-ee" instead of "SES-eh-lee" a lot.
    I'd assume that this + how it might sound in a variety of different accents might dissuade parents.
    Yes, Cecilia seems fairly easy and would act as a guide but I think the -ia ending gives it a Spanish flair that get's lost with the -y.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

None of you have heard of Cecily Strong from Saturday Night Live? She is one of the newer players and pretty funny imo. That is where I first heard the name. I like it and never thought of "cesspool" until someone mentioned it here. Cecily peaked at #497 in the U.S. in 1989. The "blind" meaning isn't great but there are good namesakes.

I knew a Cecily growing up, but people always pronounced her name wrong. She got called "Sicily" (the city in Italy) all the time. I like the name, but that would be one reason why I wouldn't choose it.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah