Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

why isn't cecily more popular? *confused*

I don't get it. If I'm not mistaken, it hasn't broken top 1000 in over 20 years.

It seems to strike a nice balance of classic, but also on-trend.

I don't know, it's a beautiful name, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I'd like to use it one day, perhaps, maybe, in the future (who knows), but I perhaps have an irrational fear that it will be the next Sophia or Isabel.

Are their other names that surprise you with their seeming lack of popularity?

Any theories?

Confusedly,

cosmonaut

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

My daughter's name is Sylvia and it's been consistently in the 500's for years. I don't get it. It has that same old-timey, frilly vibe as Sophia, Olivia, Isabella, and all the others that are so popular lately. In fact, a lot of people mistakenly think I've said Sophia when I introduce her, or they forget that she's Sylvia and later call her Sophia instead.

There are SO many fabulous under-utilized names out there. I don't know why people keep going back to the same ones in the top 100. Both Cecily and Cecilia are beautiful names.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Sylvia is beautiful! I'm also a huge fan of Sylvie. It *is* strange when you think of the popularity of Olivia, Amelia, et al.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

I don't really know but I will take a guess: maybe people started to get not meaning and are worried about "blind"? To be honest, that's the thing that keeps me away from loving the name.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

Because it's not "easy to found". People on the internet keep suggesting more familiar and popular names. Cecily is probably listed as vintage names and most people don't dig vintage names. Even when they dig, other names would be suggested sooner.

It's similar to silly (I adore Cecily, despite this). Also, hands mention meaning.

If people keep suggesting Cecily, it would hit top 1000. But, I don't think most people go on internet, so it would take a while. Big while.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska, Mabel Celestina
    girl & boy