Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickname for Margaret Anne

Hi there! My husband and I have been trying for our first for a while now and I'm hoping it will happen soon. We talk about names occasionally, but it's usually him suggesting Ozzy Osbourne or James Tiberius and me shooting him down! One time he seriously suggested Kurt, Dave, and Krist if we ever had triplets. Like I wouldn't know that's Nirvana!

Anyway, for a girl I've always thought that Margaret Anne would be at the top of my list. I really like the name Margaret, and it's a family name which is important to me. Anne is also a big time family name. It's my name, my mom's, her aunt's, both of my grandmothers' middles. It's probably used too much, but I've always liked it with Margaret as a middle.

I would be cool with calling her Margaret. I also like Maggie, but both of my parent's (divorced) have dogs named Maggie right now, so that won't work. I've never been crazy about any of the other traditional Margaret nicknames - Meg, Peggy, Greta, Daisie, Maisie, etc.

Recently I saw the wedding announcement for a girl I used to babysit. Yeah, I'm old. I always thought her name was just Marlea, which I really liked, but it turns out her full name is Margaret Leigh. And then Jenna Bush had Margaret Laura, nn Mila. Then I saw my MIL's family tree. She had a great-grandmother named Maren. I love that name! So much so that I've been considering using it as a first name. I don't think Anne goes well with it as a middle, so I'd have to think of another one. But what if....

Would Maren work well as a nickname for Margaret Anne? What do you guys think? Too far a reach?

Maren for Margaret Anne? Absolutely! How lovely!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Maren for Margaret Anne totally works!
    Or, what about:
    Morgan
    Morganna
    Margie
    Marina
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas

Minnie
    Ren/Renny
    Pearl [from the meaning]
    Maisie
    Maeve
    Please contribute to the Nameberry Combination Charts by adding your names to this thread. I would really appreciate your help! http://http://nameberry.com/nametalk...tistics/page19

I think Maren for Margaret Anne works just fine! I know a Margaret who goes by Margot, as another option.