Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which do you like best?

I am stuck between 3 names for if my first baby is a girl

Loretta (or Loretta-Mae) - My grandads name was Laurie and my nanas name is Margaret so I thought it would be nice to combine them. Although I did like both names before I found the connection.

Josephine - I just like it

Saoirse - I love this name and if I chose it she would have the same initials as me and my mum.

Middle name has to be Elizabeth (its tradition for the first girl of each generation to have Elizabeth)

Surname I haven't decided whether to use mine (Taylor) or my partner's (Ferris)

Opinions please! I can't choose!

My overall favorite is Saorise Elizabeth. I think it flows the best and is very pretty as well as having the special meaning of initial-sharing with you and your mother. And S and E are two of my favorite letters! haha. Overall a lovely name

Second favorite is Josephine Elizabeth. Maybe a little long, but I adore the nn Josie.

I honestly don't care for Loretta (I prefer Laurie) although I love Mae and Margaret. Loretta Elizabeth also sounds the least flowing of your combinations imo.
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

Loretta Elizabeth is a mouthful, and I don't care for Loretta anyway. Margaret Elizabeth would be ok. Josephine Elizabeth is pretty, if a bit bland. Saoirse Elizabeth is extremely beautiful and works well with Taylor or Ferris. I do worry about pronunciation issues, especially if you have no ties to Ireland or live in an area where there are lots of people familiar with Irish names.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

Thanks I'm leaning towards Loretta-Mae but think I'll end up choosing Saoirse in the end because I've liked it for the longest time.

Josephine is good because you can use Josie for more of a girly girl or Jo if she's a bit of a tomboy.

I live in New Zealand so there aren't a lot of Irish names around.

My sisters name is Alyce (pronounced Alice) and we managed ok. When you tell someone you're name you don't spell it for them so I think instead of a pronounciation issue (its pretty easy to pronounce) we would have a spelling issue. Teachers etc. would get used to it pretty quickly.