Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Regent

Regent

I saw this name and spoke with her regarding an appointment at work today, first for me. Opinions on Regent?

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Not usable as a name at all. It sounds more like a title, like King or Queen or Prince. (And the necessity of a regent usually means something's not going well, like in the case of "mad" King George III...) My second thought was the Regency era, and while I love Jane Austen I wouldn't choose to reference that with the name Regent! Also, Regent's Park is a not-so-nice area of my city.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Yes. And it feels male as it makes me think of Reggis Philbin.

As in Prince Regent? It's a title, not a name. And it seems very masculine, plus the word 'gent' in it makes it more so IMO. It's quite strongly tied to George IV too- an angry, fat gambler with a lot of debt who was very unpopular. Yeah, I don't like it at all!
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I fully agree with you all! It does feel very much like a masculine word, and I laughed quietly to myself, as we have a colour at work called Regency, which is a Royal Purple sort of colour for Bridesmaids dresses! I wonder how she felt about that when she showed up for her appointment!

Another find at work the other day, you'll love this.... Spyce.... like, Spice... Maybe she felt Saucier with the Y? o.O

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye