Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible nn for Ilithyia ?

I'm five days overdue and looking over my name list again, I'm wondering if I should move Ilithyia to a first name slot. It's currently a middle for my hubby's first choice of poppy. ( poppy isn't my style, so there will be arguments surrounding this)
    Is Ilithyia usable as a first? What nn could you get from it?
    I've come up with Lil, Thea, but I'm stumped on others.
    What else comes to mind?
    Welcomed T January 2012

Expecting another little mover July 2013

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Maylia, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

Ilithyia is so pretty (if I'm saying it correctly, how do you prn it?)! I think it would be a beautiful first name (Poppy Ilithyia is pretty too though)! What does it mean? How would your husband feel about it?

*As for a nickname, I really like Thea! I don't know exactly how Ilithyia is pronounced, but what about Illy "ill-ee" or Lithe "lih-thee"?
    Last edited by moonblossom; July 24th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
    twenty, virgo, college student,
    lover of nature, fairy tales, and anything fantasy˙·٠(◡‿◡✿)

Hubby is a fan of old mythological names. ( our first daughters middle name is Io) and he has mentioned that he liked it, so we will see if he likes it enough for a first name. Although if poppy is the middle he will probably go for it!

It's proun eh-leeth-ee-ya or eh-leeth-ya

Ilithyia was the Goddess of childbirth, and is associated with midwifery and healing.
    Welcomed T January 2012

Expecting another little mover July 2013

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Maylia, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

I think Poppy is a lot more usable plus your daughter won't have to deal with pronunciation/spelling issues. Ilithyia is very pretty but your daughter will have to remind people how to pronounce and spell her name constantly. If you decide on Ilithyia Thea would be a very cute nickname.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by sully82 View Post
    Hubby is a fan of old mythological names. ( our first daughters middle name is Io) and he has mentioned that he liked it, so we will see if he likes it enough for a first name. Although if poppy is the middle he will probably go for it!

It's proun eh-leeth-ee-ya or eh-leeth-ya

Ilithyia was the Goddess of childbirth, and is associated with midwifery and healing.
    I was pronouncing it like the former. It's very pretty! If he agrees, you should go for it!
    twenty, virgo, college student,
    lover of nature, fairy tales, and anything fantasy˙·٠(◡‿◡✿)