Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help Naming Identical Twins

Hi Berries,

I am a long time reader who just got the shock of my life: I am expecting identical twins. We don't know the gender yet.

Our top choices are:

boys: Milo and Finn

girls: Charlotte and Seraphina (nn Lotte and Sadie)

I know Charlotte is super popular but its a family name whose sentimental value trumps popularity

Other names on our lists have been:

boys:

Ezra
    James
    Jack

Girls:

Portia (nn Polly)
    Zoe
    Eleanor
    Catalina
    Corrine

For middles we are fairly set on Joseph for at least one boy (family name) and thinking Graham for another
    Girls middles are Rose (family name--not just a filler) and Wren (this one is wide open)

Last name is two syllables and ends in man

Appreciate any help or insight you can offer!

Milo and Finn are a great set! Milo Graham and Finn Joseph would be my suggestion.

Charlotte and Seraphina are both lovely names, but a bit mismatched because of their different popularities.

Charlotte and Eleanor would be perfect together.
    Charlotte and Corrine would be nice as well.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

If they are identical there is a 99.999% certainty they are the same gender, either both boys or both girls.

I like Finn and Charlotte.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

My faves from your girls' list are Zoe & Eleanor (Zoe & Ellie).
    I do like Charlotte despite its popularity, and I think Corinne is beautiful.

Seraphina to me is too much of a mouthful! And you can try to stop it but you have to expect it's going to get shortened to Sara somewhere along the line. Kinda boring?
    Catalina is the same thing - Its going to get shortened to Cat or Caty. Just like all the Katherines and Katrinas.

I wanted desperately to change my name (Kate) to Portia when I was in the 7th grade, and now I have no idea why. I just don't see the appeal as an adult.

Love both your middle names, I find Wren to be modern & hipsterish (in a good way), and Rose to be classically pretty.
    New username is @ truenature

Milo Graham and Finn Joseph are great - I see no reason to look further for boys names though I do like Milo and Erza together and Finn and Jack together.

Since Charlotte is a family name, I would definitely go with it despite its popularity. (I would reserve the family mn for the other baby so they both have a family name.). Charlotte Wren is very pretty. I am not a fan of Seraphina. From your list, my favorite with Charlotte is Eleanor. Eleanor Rose and Charlotte Wren. Ellie and Lottie.

You may want to use a more formal version of Rose as the first name. Charlotte and Rosemary or Charlotte and Rosalie. Lottie and Rosie.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.