Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Name Dilemma: Need some advice

Hello Everyone,

I have been coming to this site for sometime now and I am excited to be making my first post. I have been looking at names for quite some time now and I have really fallen in love with Georgia for a girl. Surprisingly my DH loves it because he tends to shoot down all of my choices. The problem however is that my boss is named George. I liked the name Georgia before working at my current job but I am afraid if I named a daughter Georgia everyone at work would think it was after him. What would you do? Would you still name your daughter this name or would you opt for something different?

The combo I am loving right now is Georgia Wren. Last name starts with an F and rhymes with Rider.

Thanks for any input.
    TTC#1 Mid-twenty something. Married to my best friend 3-3-12. Name lover and science nerd.

Favorite Names: XX: Georgia, Wren, Arden, Mabel, Coralie, Leona, Aviana, Marin
    XY: Callum, Thomas, Hudson, Sullivan, Jonah

I think if Georgia is a name you both love I would absolutely use it. Georgia is classic and spunky and I love your combination of Georgia Wren. Though there may be some jokes around the office I don't think it would be anything serious or over top...certainly nothing worth losing a wonderful name over. You will be saying your daughter's name everyday for the rest of your life so I think your happiness and enjoyment of it is paramount. Knowing one man, even if he is your boss, with the masculine version of this name should not deter you. Your co workers will undoubtable just think you love the name Georgia not that you wanted to name your daughter after your boss. If the name was something extremely unique it may be more of an issue but George is common enough that it is not intricately tied to him. Also who knows how long you will stay with this job but you will always have your daughter. Good luck!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year

I completely agree with saristin!

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate your advice. It is just very hard to find a name that both my DH and I love and this seems to be the only one.
    TTC#1 Mid-twenty something. Married to my best friend 3-3-12. Name lover and science nerd.

Favorite Names: XX: Georgia, Wren, Arden, Mabel, Coralie, Leona, Aviana, Marin
    XY: Callum, Thomas, Hudson, Sullivan, Jonah

You should go with Georgia Wren, go with what feels right!

Don't other think things, I doubt it that people will think you've named your child Georgia after your boss George.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle