Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I met a little girl today...

I'm a nanny for two children, 7 and 4, we go on "daily adventures" to different places to keep ourselves busy. Today, we decided that our adventure would be to treat ourselves to lunch at a local sandwich shop. While we were there we met the most outgoing and articulate two year old girl. She had blonde ringlets, wide blue eyes, and and even wider gap-toothed grin. After much talking with her (she sat next to us) we found out that her name was Wilder.

What are your thoughts on the name Wilder?

I find myself liking the name more and more every time I think about it. I have come to the conclusion that I prefer it for a boy, though.

What do y'all think?

sidenote: I live in the US. I'm not sure about its popularity else where, but in my little southern city, I've never heard it used before.
    elijah - owen - cyrus - leo - sutton - holden - ezra - james - sage - wyatt - orion - emmett

isla - addison - violet - caroline -arden - eleanor - alba - camille - harper

eye catchers: arlo & calliope

*please vote on my names list!

I prefer it for a boy and in the middle spot. I would be afraid that the name would be like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Is he a wild child?
    No, he's even wilder!!!!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I know two -- Alexander Wilder (my age, 20s), Wilder Hawthorne (18ish). Both are balanced, well-mannered guys. Alex is a musician and Wilder is a cop.

Neither one of them had problems with their names, but from what I've gathered, Wilder was a bit rambunctious when he was younger. I think it's actually a very cool name and with a balanced middle name to fall back on, it could work great. On a girl, it seems weird, but I can't say it doesn't work as it is just a word.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I grew up with a girl named Willie and knew of one called Wylie. I also know an older woman whose name is Wylda. Wilder seems like the sophisticate version of these - and, hey, it's on trend as an author surname (Laura Ingalls Wilder)!

I prefer it on a boy, too. I like it. I think I like similar sounding names like Thatcher better, but Wilder is neat.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I really like it -- for a boy. It's so handsome. I would pronounce it Will-dur. :-)