Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

at hospital!! need boy name opinions ASAP!

HI Everyone,

Just joined the forums after lurking for a long while. My husband and I have had top names for quite some time but we can't decide on one and with all the nerves of going into labor, I could use some feedback. I know, a little late to the party!

We have a 3 year old son named Kellen Stuart and our last name begins with an S and sounds like Soft but with no T at the end. Here are our contenders.

BTW - Crain is my dad's middle name and my grandmother's maiden name.

Soren Crain (too much S with our last name?)
    Waylon Crain (too country? we're not really country people but we like the name.)
    Ronan Crain
    Rowen Crain
    Alexander Crain
    Silas Crain (I love Silas but my husband is worried it's just too much S with our last name)

Thoughts? Please?!

First off, love your son's name Kellen Stuart rocks, you have awesome naming style.

From your other picks I really love Ronan Crain, it fits well with Kellen, is handsome and while masculine has a softer sound and love that you are using Crain to honor family.

Ronan Crain! Ronan is a gorgeous name Kellen and Ronan are so cute together. My second choice is Rowen Crain, which is also great & works with Kellen. I would stay away from Alexander, it just doesn't fit as well with Kellen in my opinion. While I love Silas, I agree about the S thing, it's a little too much (gorgeous name though!). Same with Soren. I really like Waylon, but I do agree that it's a bit country. However, if you don't mind that, Kellen and Waylon make a great set! Congratulations & good luck with your little one
    Francis Grover
    Henry Linus
    Philip Judah
    Charles Florian 8/1/13

[Frankie, Huck, Flip & Chaz]

Other favorites...
    Sylvia Maeve (Sylvie), Louisa, Elisa
    George, Timothy (Otter), Winston, August (Gus)

I really like Alexander and Silas. They to me, sound the best Kellen.

Soren Crain (too much S with our last name?) Soren Sof not too much S, but the S plus o is kind of repetitive.
    Waylon Crain (too country? we're not really country people but we like the name.) it's a little bit country.... I'd think you liked country music or lived in the country if you used it.
    Ronan Crain- love it! So nice. Fits with brother.
    Rowen Crain- not sure if this or Rowan is the more appropriate spelling (I'm more familiar with the -an spelling) but i really like it as well.
    Alexander Crain- another timeless choice, really nice and handsome.
    Silas Crain (I love Silas but my husband is worried it's just too much S with our last name) not too much S because the vowels used with it are different from your last name. I really like this one too.
    Ronan, Silas, Rowan, Alexander are my picks in order. Good luck!

Hmmm, editing my thoughts just a bit. I didn't really think about Silas ending with the same letter as the last name starts with. That bumps it off my list for you, I'm sorry. Ronan, Rowan, Alexander!
    Last edited by anotherkate; July 24th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.